► Official NXT Thread
(02-21-2019, 11:06 AM)hedgehogg96 Wrote: LOL Imagine Vince McMahon looking at Johnny Gargano and actually saying "Yea, I need to book THAT guy. The one that's a foot and a half shorter than me and plays with toys all day. And bring me that other midget that almost blew his knee out again in his 2nd main roster match."

You really need to get over this boogyman shit. Vince isn't the sole reason for anything happening that you don't like. Hell going off his last appearance he's going senile and probably doesn't know where he is anymore and like I pointed out earlier Vince would never look at a guy like Gargano and think he's gonna save his company so he needs to steal him away from his DEVELOPMENTAL COMPANY. This was most likely HHH's call to try to get his guys more exposure and judging from what I saw from spoilers, Gargano and Ciampa are still fighting each other, so your precious "2 year long story" isn't "ruined", even though it should be because 2 years of their horseshit is way too long and they need to wrap it up anyways.

Um..... Actually......

Quote:Told About Recent NXT Call-Ups
Submitted by Jeff Whalen on February 20, 2019 - 11:20am
WWE News

-- It was reported on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Triple H was unaware of the recent NXT call-ups and there was a communication gap. Aleister Black was the only one of the four who was really on the radar as someone who would be called up.

-- To complicate matters, all four guys have been announced for NXT TakeOver for WrestleMania weekend, so it's unclear how things will maneuvered over the next few weeks. It was also noted that most of the changes recently have been a reaction by Vince McMahon to low ratings, the AEW stuff as well as the surprise announcement of the Undertaker taking independent bookings. As a result, he just wanted the "top four" NXT guys but it's unclear whether he actually picked them himself or was just told that these are the best four.

Just saying.....
[Image: SuperBowlChamps_zps9ed826e8.jpeg]

[Image: Subforum_zpsfba4c276.png]

(11-13-2010, 11:51 PM)ASP Wrote: peanuts gonna peanut

(02-21-2013, 02:01 PM)jabroni Wrote: If peanut would let me I'd make peanut butter out that nigga.

(02-21-2019, 11:24 AM)Chris Wrote: What was the context?

I don't exactly remember. It was something on twitter a week or 2 ago, I think someone was responding to his tweet making fun of Impact's low viewers on their latest show saying they were the #2 company and Dave "corrected" them by saying AEW and NJPW were 2 and 3.
(02-21-2019, 11:36 AM)Peanut Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 11:06 AM)hedgehogg96 Wrote: LOL Imagine Vince McMahon looking at Johnny Gargano and actually saying "Yea, I need to book THAT guy. The one that's a foot and a half shorter than me and plays with toys all day. And bring me that other midget that almost blew his knee out again in his 2nd main roster match."

You really need to get over this boogyman shit. Vince isn't the sole reason for anything happening that you don't like. Hell going off his last appearance he's going senile and probably doesn't know where he is anymore and like I pointed out earlier Vince would never look at a guy like Gargano and think he's gonna save his company so he needs to steal him away from his DEVELOPMENTAL COMPANY. This was most likely HHH's call to try to get his guys more exposure and judging from what I saw from spoilers, Gargano and Ciampa are still fighting each other, so your precious "2 year long story" isn't "ruined", even though it should be because 2 years of their horseshit is way too long and they need to wrap it up anyways.

Um..... Actually......

Quote:Told About Recent NXT Call-Ups
Submitted by Jeff Whalen on February 20, 2019 - 11:20am
WWE News

-- It was reported on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Triple H was unaware of the recent NXT call-ups and there was a communication gap. Aleister Black was the only one of the four who was really on the radar as someone who would be called up.

-- To complicate matters, all four guys have been announced for NXT TakeOver for WrestleMania weekend, so it's unclear how things will maneuvered over the next few weeks. It was also noted that most of the changes recently have been a reaction by Vince McMahon to low ratings, the AEW stuff as well as the surprise announcement of the Undertaker taking independent bookings. As a result, he just wanted the "top four" NXT guys but it's unclear whether he actually picked them himself or was just told that these are the best four.

Just saying.....

Just saying what? You posting an article from someone who copy/pastes Meltzer's stuff is supposed to prove something to a person that doesn't believe Meltzer's bullshit?
[Image: il_570xN.711877764_jggh.jpg]
Don't be a cuck, be a sick fuck instead at http://thesfu.net/forums/
Dave Meltzers name alone gives me a headache
[Image: l02m7fg8.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Dakotizza's post
Well, I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown since about Summerslam last year, so jokes on me for missing those moves in Rey/Andrade
Hedge, I ain't trying to argue with you bro. It's cool if you don't believe Meltzer. I was just posting what I saw on my website that it said Trips didn't know. That's what I saw. I wasn't throwing shade, I was just saying that's what the report is. It ain't that real to me, not trying to piss anyone off.
[Image: SuperBowlChamps_zps9ed826e8.jpeg]

[Image: Subforum_zpsfba4c276.png]

(11-13-2010, 11:51 PM)ASP Wrote: peanuts gonna peanut

(02-21-2013, 02:01 PM)jabroni Wrote: If peanut would let me I'd make peanut butter out that nigga.

(02-21-2019, 11:58 AM)hedgehogg96 Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 11:24 AM)Chris Wrote: What was the context?

I don't exactly remember.  It was something on twitter a week or 2 ago, I think someone was responding to his tweet making fun of Impact's low viewers on their latest show saying they were the #2 company and Dave "corrected" them by saying AEW and NJPW were 2 and 3.

I can't really say one way or the other without seeing the tweets from Dave on Twitter. Meltzer is not always right and he doesn't seem to understand the world outside of wrestling. There have been times where his ego is bruised or he will say things in a reactionary way...but as far as attacking his journalism or his stories - he is on the money more often than not. If you read or listen to him then you should know this. If you don't then you have a much smaller scope to base your opinion on. Nobody here agrees with him 100% of the time and nobody is ever right 100% of the time. If you don't like the guy, cool. If you do, cool.
[Image: 6hWZ8sh.gif]
12 DAYS
I like you, Chris.
[+] 1 user Likes Zack T's post
His argument on AEW being #2 is based soley on the moves they're making right now to get started. They're signing big stars to contracts equal to or better than WWE and ahead of NJPW, ROH or TNA. Also, the question on Twitter was "in America" so NJPW doesn't even belong in this conversation anyway.

Dave won't come out and say it, but it's pretty obvious he knows more about AEW's TV deal than he's letting on. And if the rumors are true and AEW ends up on TNT, that's by far a better TV deal than anyone has had since WCW died.

So hate on it all you want....but in the last 6 months, the AEW group has sold out 2 shows doing 10,000 tickets or more which is something no one other than WWE has done in 20 years. They allegedly have a TV deal better than anyone other than WWE has had in 20 years. They have some of the biggest stars in wrestling signed to exclusive contracts that turned down WWE deals. And they're funded by a billionaire who is ready to invest huge in the company.

Tell me again how AEW isn't already the de facto #2?
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Wasn’t tna on spike and stuff a pretty big tv deal?
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
Because they haven't done shit yet. You can't include All In with AEW shit because at the time everyone just thought it was a one off super indy show, it's a lot easier to sell out a "one time thing" than to keep doing those numbers with a full touring company. They haven't ran any shows under the new AEW banner and they don't even have a full roster. All we know about them is what Meltzer "reports", some one who's best friends with all of them and has no problem lying to make his friends look better, so that's questionable at best. You can say they have all the potential in the world, but to just flat out state that they are currently #2, even ahead of NJPW who's teat he's been suckling on for years until his buddies left to make their own promotion, is fucking delusional and just showing his obvious bias.

Go ahead and bookmark this post... in 5 years...hell in 1 year, if AEW is still even a thing and they actually make a legitimate claim to be the #2 wrestling company in the world, then I'll come here and do the one thing you've never done in your life....admit I was wrong about something. Of course I don't expect you to do the same if I'm right, but I still stand by this statement:

Quote: AEW will shut down within 5 years and come nowhere close to being a legitimate threat to WWE.

[Image: il_570xN.711877764_jggh.jpg]
Don't be a cuck, be a sick fuck instead at http://thesfu.net/forums/
[+] 1 user Likes hedgehogg96's post
I see both sides. At the moment, they’re just a flashy T-Shirt company.

Once they get two months of TV under their belt, we’ll see where they stand. I am a fan of the Bucks, Pac, Omega, Cody, Jericho, and Lucha Bros. Outside of that, just a buncha who the fucks. They’ll probably get Marty when his deal is over with ROH.

Also, the Spike/TNA deal isn’t that big because Spike was on the decline after WWE left them. TNA was never a threat. They were flashes of good never top notch.
(02-21-2019, 05:45 PM)hedgehogg96 Wrote: All we know about them is what Meltzer "reports", some one who's best friends with all of them and has no problem lying to make his friends look better, so that's questionable at best.

[Image: 2cgerkx.jpg]
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Fro's post
Meltzer is generally pretty good at getting things right, except in regards to Lucha Underground where he's laughably bad. But that's because it wasn't being run as a wrestling promotion and instead as a TV show, so he didn't have that many sources and the logic and through process behind the scenes was completely different than any other "promotion".
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
NXT tonight was once again fantastic. By far the best weekly wrestling show in the world right now.

Incredible opening promo with Gargano/Ciampa. The storytelling in this feud is untouchable. The backstage stuff with Candace was just the icing on top. Best long-term story in WWE history.

Keith Lee vs. Dijakovik was a brutal hoss fight and I loved it. I anxiously await the rematch.

Sasha/Bayley showing up to a monster pop.

Shayna/Mia Yim was good too.

NXT is literally the fastest 1 hour of TV. It's the one WWE show that actually *should* be longer.

Just got back from a Live show in town

Main event was Gargano/Adam Cole. Apparently that was the first time they have had a one on one match. Always a blast seeing live. Wish I had better seats but glad I got to see everyone except Ciampa who is out with an injury.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
going to nxt cleveland tonight at the agora. i hope its better than the last wwe house show i went to in the summer. that was so boring, we left after half the show.
[+] 1 user Likes User Name's post
Nice! I bet Gargano's pop will be insane
[+] 1 user Likes Obsidian's post
i only saw him live once at cleveland all-pro wrestling many years ago. he has definitely come a long way.

i would be down for a johnny wrestling/adam cole main event, bay bay
There was an all-pro show at the Agora a couple years ago where Eric Bischoff did a signing and I think the Powers of Pain were there too. I missed due to work but I wanna go to one.
it was a good show. johhny & cole were the main event. seeing dream in person was cool. same with ricochet Smile
Well shit. Ciampa needs neck surgery. He was hoping to put it off but he can't. So now he has to vacate the NXT title and will be out of Takeover and will be out for a long time. Possibly a year or more.

That dude has had horrible luck with injuries and this is pretty much the nail in the coffin for the best long term storyline in WWE history. Major bummer.

It will make TakeOver more interesting
12 DAYS
Screw that. No Ciampa sucks
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Opitiplex's post
At least it happened after he got his WWE contract.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
If you enjoy fantastic tag team wrestling, tonight's NXT is the one to watch. First round of the Dusty Classic. 4 tag matches, all varying degrees of good to great.

Beau Beverly's son has an audition with the PC. He is a bit of a monster.

[Image: ROOKIES_03112019sm_0034-72d81dfe465e595f...96x392.jpg]

He used to play fagball as well. His name is Cal Bloom. Next to him is one of the worst names in pro wrestling along with a worthless on screen performer: Stokely Hathaway and for some reason Robbie E.
12 DAYS
DJZ (Zema Ion) signed with WWE and will be joining NXT at some point.
12 DAYS
Since you bumped this thread, it reminds me that this week's NXT was yet again awesome. On a weekly basis, NXT is still hands down the best wrestling show in the world today.

NXT tonight was only 1 match. But it was a doozy.

Adam Cole vs. Ricochet vs. Matt Riddle vs. Velveteen Dream vs. Aleister Black