► Official NXT Thread
Thought I would get in a couple of episodes of NXT so that I would know wtf is going on at TakeOver. Right now I’m watching the most recent episode and man...this isn’t good.

Street Prophets had charisma but looked very unpolished in the ring. Deuce and Domino 2.0 were far worse. Like dangerously worse. The Forgotten Sons felt like Sanity rejects.

Alleister Black said plenty of nothing. Sometimes less is more.
That in ring confrontation with the women was bad. Raw levels of bad.

I can’t swallow (lol) Donovan Dijakovic. He will always be Donovan Dijak to me. A little surprised he is getting the Lars Sullivan treatment. Not quite to that level but he is too thin to be a “monster” type.

Don’t let the War Raiders talk. Great looking promo though.

I really, really want to punch that crowd.
[Image: tumblr_pljv1rJI9t1rwax6fo1_400.png]
Good thing about NXT is that you can just watch the promo packages in the Takeover pre show and be 100% on the storylines, and they do such a good job with the packages, that you feel like the TV product was actually good.
[Image: nls85v.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Tim's post
Man you picked the worst episode to judge haha. When I watched it last week, I remember thinking it was a shit episode. That's so not the norm though. Usually NXT is great. The Gargano/Black cage match episode a couple weeks ago for example.
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

Even Keith Lee vs. Ohno was bad...and those two are capable of incredible things.

I’ll be watching the go-home show but yeah...this didn’t really do anything for me.
This week was maybe worse. The ending segment would have been 17x better if the crowd weren’t chanting stupid shit through out. Johnny being yelled at and told “No!” by his wife repeatedly came across as him being scolded like a dog or a child. Dream vs. Fish was at least mostly good.
I've been trying to pick out tickets to TakeOver. I was certain they would release more as the show grew closer but they haven't done that (and I know certain sections did not have tickets placed on sale). I picked out a pair earlier but by the time I went to buy, they were gone. Kinda torn because the last NXT show I went to I was so far back, it was hard to feel the crowd and the impact of the show. The only things left on Ticketmaster are 300 level or floor seats (none of which are good). Guess I'll end up going the StubHub route. Nothing like paying double because you waited for a better opportunity that never came!

Anyway, here is some news:

"As we previously reported, former Impact X-Division Champion Trevor Lee recently announced that he has signed with WWE. He will be starting at the WWE Performance Center in early February with several other recognizable names.

Former TNA Gut Check winner Sam Shaw will also be reporting to the Performance Center in February. Shaw worked for TNA from 2010 through June of 2015.

Rachael Ellering and Karen Q will also be a part of the February class. Both women competed in the 2018 Mae Young Classic tournament. Ellering also worked the 2017 Mae Young Classic, as well as several matches in NXT.

ACH will also be a part of the February class. ACH had recently been working for NJPW.

Other names for the February class include Canadian tag team 3.0 (Scott Parker and Shane Matthews), Jonah Rock, Elliot Sexton and former Monster Factory Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Champion Nick Comoroto, who is 6 ft. 3 inches and weighs 275 lbs."
Was Shaw the creepy stalker Dexter guy? That had some potential. Also, ACH vs Ricochet will be great
[Image: nls85v.jpg]
Yes, that’s him.

NXT is a good fit for ACH...WWE is not.
Trevor Lee really impressed me in his last Impact appearance. He got destroyed by Killer Kross and did a stretcher job after getting a cinder block busted over his head, yet there he was in the next segment working as a "pull 'em apart" security guard. That guy is tough as nails I tell ya!
(01-24-2019, 01:06 PM)Chris Wrote: This week was maybe worse. The ending segment would have been 17x better if the crowd weren’t chanting stupid shit through out. Johnny being yelled at and told “No!” by his wife repeatedly came across as him being scolded like a dog or a child. Dream vs. Fish was at least mostly good.

Did you completely miss the fucking awesome tag match in the middle of the show also? This week's episode was solid. 2 good matches and a hot angle packed into one hour.

The best thing about NXT is that even when it's just average, there's not a wasted minute. Every second of the show is furthering storylines, building and establishing characters, etc. Not everyone is on TV every week so when they are, it's always for a reason. NXT always feels like it's moving forward.

The tag match of Bald & Balder vs. Bald & Some-Hair? You mean that clusterfuck where they screwed up simple things like an Irish whip? A few cool spots does not equate to a good match. There was no connection for me to any of the wrestlers and it was just a match.
Had two of god’s “special” people warn me that I would be kicked out of TakeOver for wearing my AEW shirt. They were so serious and concerned LOL
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
Takeover once again knocks it out of the park. Ricochet/Gargano and the tag match were both insane.

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Yep. Another great showing.
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
(01-26-2019, 05:45 PM)Chris Wrote: Had two of god’s “special” people warn me that I would be kicked out of TakeOver for wearing my AEW shirt. They were so serious and concerned LOL

Pretty sure you could wear a World Wildlife Foundation and have a better chance of getting tossed.
I had someone come up to me as I was leaving the show and on my phone pulling up walking directions to a bar. He wanted to know if they let me in the show or if I got kicked out. I told them yes I was there, there were no problems, and that was just a rumor. It was an easier way of avoiding the long explanation of what really happened in Jacksonville. He argued with me and said “No! There is a video!” I said ok and walked away. Like what do you want me to say? Yes there was a one time issue and it got blown out of proportion and there have been no other reports of it happening since.
Years ago at a Jacksonville RAW they confiscated two signa I made. One said “He farted” with an arrow pointing away from me and I can’t remember what the other one had on it but it wasn’t anything non pg.
Could just be Jacksonville is a buncha twats.
(01-27-2019, 01:44 AM)DangPlex Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 05:45 PM)Chris Wrote: Had two of god’s “special” people warn me that I would be kicked out of TakeOver for wearing my AEW shirt. They were so serious and concerned LOL

Pretty sure you could wear a World Wildlife Foundation and have a better chance of getting tossed.

Just saw someone behind Beth on the Rumble pre-show wearing a Wildlife WWF shirt. So I guess not.

[+] 2 users Like Peezy's post
Update: looks like somebody really did get told to change his AEW shirt at the Rumble last night. Footage of it happening and everything.

Petty as fuck.

So once again I had to catch up on about 2 months of NXT TV in 1 weeks worth of time because I fall behind after each Takeover and then binge it all so I can watch Takeover before I get spoilers of it.

Things I remember wanting to comment on leading up to Takeover:

Someone kicked out of Nikki Cross's finisher, Bianca maybe? Whoever it was, the announcers played it up like no one had ever kicked out of her finisher before. I'm fairly certain Asuka kicked out of 3 of them in a row in their falls count anywhere match...but maybe it was a last man standing match? I can't remember for sure.

Johnny's promos lately have been amazing. I love this weird angle of Johnny doing whatever it takes to right his wrongs in Tomasso Ciampa, and he's gone so far that it's looped around and now he's willing to work with Ciampa again. Candice coming out there and scolding him made perfect sense, after all the bad blood and insanity that happened between them, for him to even consider aligning with Tomasso again is bonkers. But it's being so well done :D

Women's 4 way #1 contenders was ok, glad Bianca won it. Was really surprised, thought it'd have been Io Shirai. Also surprised Kairi wasn't in the match at all.

Lars randomly beating Keith Lee and just disappearing is odd.

Matt Riddle's gimmick continues to annoy me, his music makes me think of GTA, but he is damn good to watch. I wish Kassius Ohno could get more than just the Dolph Ziggler treatment.

Was really surprised that Shayna's friends lost their debut match.

As for Takeover, the tag match was great. Reminded me of Undisputed vs Mustache Mountain, in how Undisputed Era just kicked out of fucking everything somehow and just win. War Raiders did the same thing to them. Though War Raiders didn't really kick out of the true Undisputed Era double team finisher, cause the one they hit was just a Roddy clothesline, not his Sick Kick.

Riddle and Ohno was good again.

Ricochet and Garganno was awesome.

Shayna and Bianca was a far better match than I think I expected it to be, and it was a star-making performance for Bianca. She may have lost, but she showed a ton of heart and fight and she's on a great path.

Ciampa and Aleister was just bonkers, that was my favorite match of the night. Aleister has been so well protected that it took SO MUCH to finally truly beat him 1 on 1, like Brock Lesnar levels of protected. Just amazing.
[+] 1 user Likes Zack T's post
Halftime Heat starts with...a headlock.
Watched it on my phone at a friend's house. I'll take a crazy NXT spotfest over Maroon 5 anytime. That was great.

After that Super Bowl, I don't think I'll complain about wrestling for a long time.

By a long time, I mean at least 24 hours.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Obsidian's post