► Official NXT Thread
I think NXT does have a slight oversaturation of talent problem, mostly due to the short amount of time they have each week.

But then again, that keeps all the talent fresher when we do see them. I fuckin love Tyler Bate and Pete Dunn, and not seeing them every week makes it a bigger deal when they are on TV. I think there are some talent that'd probably benefit from being on tv each week, like EC3 probably could. But I think for most everyone else, it actually helps them so that we don't get shittons of throwaway matches and filler between big shows.

LOL
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

[+] 3 users Like Peezy's post
I still remember Rampage giving Riddle the nickname Chipper on the Ultimate Fighter LOL
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
(08-20-2018, 06:38 PM)Zack T Wrote: I think NXT does have a slight oversaturation of talent problem, mostly due to the short amount of time they have each week.

But then again, that keeps all the talent fresher when we do see them. I fuckin love Tyler Bate and Pete Dunn, and not seeing them every week makes it a bigger deal when they are on TV. I think there are some talent that'd probably benefit from being on tv each week, like EC3 probably could. But I think for most everyone else, it actually helps them so that we don't get shittons of throwaway matches and filler between big shows.

Oh man, you should watch WWE. You would LOVE this guy named Brock Lesnar!
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Chris's post
I just got tickets for NXT coming here in October.

Ciampa, Gargano, Aleister Black, Kairi Sane, Ricochet, Candice LeRae, Undisputed Era, Velveteen....I'm sure Matt Riddle and Keith Lee will be on the road by then.

NXT has a crazy stacked roster right now.

I didn't know where else to put this bit of random news but I felt like it belonged here more than it's own thread:

My wife started her new job this week and found out her supervisor is an acquaintance of/drinking buddies with Mean Gene Okerlund. Apparently they frequent the same bar. I was told this establishment was owned by a former wrestling manager (managed "some tag team") and has a daughter that is trying to become a wrestler...I can only assume it is one man:

[Image: -NY67fHY_400x400.jpg]
Ha, that's awesome!

Anyone been watching the Mae Young Classic. I just got my network back on and started it. The first episode was great, a good group of solid matches. Yea I'd like them to be longer but its to be expected in a tourney.

Just like last MYC I'm rooting for Mercedes Martinez. I been following her carrer since the early days of Shimmer and I love her in ring style. I know she probably won't win but I hope she makes in deep in the tourney.
I also want to wife Priscilla Kelly.
I watched most of the first round. Definitely hit or miss. Some of the matches were really good while others had women who have no business being on the big stage yet.

Wouldn't wear it but love the callback:
[Image: 8L1004.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post

Wednesdays are stacked now. NXT, 205, UK....and for a few more weeks, the Mae Young tournament.

(10-11-2018, 06:39 AM)Chris Wrote: Wouldn't wear it but love the callback:
[Image: 8L1004.jpg]

What's the inspiration?
[Image: sa1wgxW.jpg]
[Image: a10f2d2e-8a7b-4491-a479-432d3a72d3dd_1.e...nBg=FFFFFF]
Oh fuckin duh!
[Image: sa1wgxW.jpg]
New NXT UK tag belts...some of the sexiest belts I've seen since...well, the UK Championship! It's as if the old Undisputed Championship fucked the brains out of the UK belt:
https://mobile.twitter.com/WWE/status/10...36/photo/1
I'm gonna go ahead and say it: on a week-to-week basis, NXT is the best wrestling promotion in the world. If you're not watching every second of this show every week, why are you a wrestling fan?

The ending of this week's episode, holy shit (as the chant said)

(10-18-2018, 07:01 PM)Peezy Wrote: I'm gonna go ahead and say it: on a week-to-week basis, NXT is the best wrestling promotion in the world. If you're not watching every second of this show every week, why are you a wrestling fan?

Because just as you start to fall in love with someone they'll move them to the main roster and shit all over them.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Hitchcock's post
(10-18-2018, 08:50 PM)Hitchcock Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 07:01 PM)Peezy Wrote: I'm gonna go ahead and say it: on a week-to-week basis, NXT is the best wrestling promotion in the world. If you're not watching every second of this show every week, why are you a wrestling fan?

Because just as you start to fall in love with someone they'll move them to the main roster and shit all over them.

Never really thought about it but I used to be heavy into nxt (seen them on tour 4 times including nxt Brooklyn w Sasha and bayley in almost 5 Star) and I keep meaning to catch up, but this is probably why I still haven’t
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
I have only ever seen NXT a few times other than the TakeOver events. I dont doubt that it is good, but I usually end up reading the spoilers and then watch anything that interests me. I also listen to podcast reviews which often times gives me even more info than what the spoilers did not cover.

I never thought I would be an indy snob (probably because I didn't seek it out much until a couple of years ago)...but a lot of the indy darlings are usually watered down versions of what they used to be and that's not my Ram Jam. Seeing their debuts and getting the crowd reaction is fun...but fuck that crowd. I really wish they would tour more.

To a small degree I feel as though half of them will make it up to the main roster and we will be sick of them or let down by creative within 4 years (including their time in NXT).
Nakamura getting jobbed out to an up and comer like Rey Mysterio just boggles my mind.
The storytelling from week to week is just so good. This "who attacked Aleister Black" storyline has threads to it that link to half the roster. Nikki Cross knowing who attacked him and all that shit. Regal investigating and interrogating everyone. All these storylines are intertwining with each other in ways that make sense. There's obvious long-term planning. It's just so....refreshing. It's like the wrestling I grew up on.

Plus there have been some amazing matches recently. Undisputed Era vs. Mustache Mountain a couple months ago was the first non-PPV WWE match that Meltzer has ever given 5 stars to. Ricochet vs. Pete Dunne a few weeks ago, which led to Ricochet/Pete Dunne/Adam Cole triple threat last week. They've been having Takeover-quality matches on the TV show for awhile now. Hell, even Ciampa won the NXT title on the TV show.

And here's the ending to this week's show (video cuts off before the very end, when she whispers the name to Aleister and he goes into a rage).

NXT is really good, but I think it has long outgrown Full Sail. They should be touring small ECW style venues.
[Image: Chaos.png]

Agreed. I'm pretty tired of Full Sail

The whole Nikki Cross build-up in one video.