► Official NXT Thread
(04-22-2018, 11:46 AM)Ceallach Wrote: The WWE roster is unreal these days. If the whole company was booked like NXT and Dunns production style was killed, it could be a golden era.

100% agree... Id even argie to say WWE has the most talented roster period in the history of the company. Creative at times and production is their problem, fuck Dunn and his shakey cam bullshit.

[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
NXT Japan... good luck with that.
Japan has American fanboys who dream of coming over here. If it is Japanese run with WWE money and influence, they can do small shows and Korakuen Hall on occasion. They can also pay a lot more than most of what NJPW and the rest are paying.
I really wish they'd adopt more of the story telling style that NXT has on Raw/Smackdown. It's really simple and effective, I think it'd translate well for everyone whether they're casual fans or hardcore. Or maybe I guess I wish they'd employ the same execution of it on the main roster. NXT does some silly stuff here and there, but for the most part they stay away from the tongue in cheek performance the main roster sometimes does when they pull the curtain back a bit too far. Which is actually impressive given that they're so open about it being a training/performance center, but somehow it works.
Post-MNW era broke Vince. He no longer had the ability to manufacture surprises so his solution is to book everything last minute. Once Vince goes, so does that mentality.
Ricochet straight fucking GANGSTA with that flip out of the ring during that promo with Velveteen Dream

1:55 mark
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
(05-02-2018, 03:56 PM)Chris Wrote: Post-MNW era broke Vince. He no longer had the ability to manufacture surprises so his solution is to book everything last minute. Once Vince goes, so does that mentality.

I really think Vince should be more of a consultant than a lead these days. He still has a lot of great input and ideas. Like when Sami turned heel, he was going to dye his hair black and act like a traditional heel but Vince told him not to, and that he should just be a more annoying version of himself. But he shouldnt be running the creative day to day.
[Image: Chaos.png]

I haven't fully caught up on NXT yet, will finish up tomorrow, 2 episodes behind. But I found it interesting to see Gargano come out and interrupt EC3's match to announce his match with Ciampa, I think seeds were planted there. Maybe we'll see EC3 cost Gargano that match and pull those 2 apart for awhile, then come back to it later.

Nikki Cross is so awesome, I love her.

Ricochet's jump to the outside and landing on his feet was fucking amazing. Jesus Christ, Ricochet and Velveteen Dream is gonna be GUD /BookerT

Also, I looked and counted the current WWE main roster and there's 123 people on it (Men, Women, Cruiserweights) - even including Shane, Steph, Triple H, Drake, Paige, Kurt, Taker, Brock, Jericho...just for the sake of all of it. Out of those 123 current people, 63 of them either debuted in or had a run in NXT. I didn't count Cesaro, Ryder, Sin Cara, or Jinder's run through NXT simply because they were already established stars but they could very well count. I'm talking about people who originally were introduced through NXT, or people like Drew or Rhyno who came back and did a run in NXT before coming up to the main roster again.

That's half the roster now, and about 90% of the women at this point. The only non NXT women still active at this point are Natalya, Alicia Fox (who I think has been injured), Naomi, Ronda Rousey, Tamina (Who knows where she's been though), and Mickie James (1 NXT match does not make an NXT run). I didn't count the Bella's since they're not really around anymore but they're not NXT either.
[+] 1 user Likes Zack T's post
So the Takeover card is shaping up to be pretty cool.

Johnny Gargano and Tomasso Ciampa is the best feud WWE has put together since HBK and Jericho.

So far announced we have...

Aleister Black vs Lars Sullivan
Shayna Baszler vs Nikki Cross
Undisputed Era vs Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan
Johnny Gargano vs Tomasso Ciampa in a Street Fight
Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream

I'm guessing Aleister will retain against Lars, I really don't see Lars as NXT Champion. Coulda been North American Champion though.

Shayna probably will retain, but who knows for sure. I don't think they're gonna end her reign of terror so quickly.

Undisputed Era almost definitely will retain.

Tomasso Ciampa will beat Gargano this time, maybe with interference from EC3 to pull those guys apart for a bit and allow Ciampa to focus on winning the NXT Championship. I still firmly believe the right direction to take this is to pull them apart, take Ciampa vs Black, then come back and do Gargano vs Ciampa for the title later.

Ricochet PROBABLY will eek out the win over Dream, but honestly this one could go either way and I'd prefer Dream to win, but I won't be upset if Ricochet wins because I believe this will be really really good.

I'm somewhat surprised the North American Championship isn't being defended, but I wondered about that. Up until now, NXT has always had all 3 championships defended every Takeover, and sometimes the UK title too. But now adding in the North American Championship, that'd be 4 championship matches out of the normally allotted 5 matches for each Takeover and that's maybe not so good as we'd have to choose between Gargano/Ciampa and Ricochet/Dream for example. While I know who I'd pick, I don't want to have to make that choice.

But I guess it makes sense, Cole doesn't really have much going on at the moment. I'm sure he'll defend it at Brooklyn though.

I like Kairi Sane but I feel like she still hasn't really clicked with NXT yet. Something's missing. Lacey Evans though, she's starting to really get it. I loved that she wrote Kairi's name on her fist. "The Woman's Right" is such a great finisher name too. Love her gimmick, she's getting better in the ring, she's gonna be good.

I feel like there are too many instances of someone's entrance music starting off with a phrase.

EC3 - "I AM the top 1%"
Ricochet - "One and only"
Kona Reeves - "Something about the Finest"

*shrug*
So we're done with NXT TV leading up to Takeover Chicago 2.

I love the Garganno/Ciampa feud, I can't say that enough. I know it's planned and it's a show, but I am so fucking all in to their feud that the video packages and the action all just make me want to yell "FUCK YOU CIAMPA" and get so happy when Garganno is winning.

I'm really looking forward to Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream, hopefully that still happens as Ricochet had a potential injury. It was a scare, I haven't heard one way or the other if he's injured or not. But that match will be really good if it happens. This could go either way, but I'm leaning more towards Ricochet probably getting the win.

Shayna and Nikki will be pretty good too, I think. Shayna has really good striking/grappling ability and she has a great presence. She's still figuring out psychology some, but she already has a good grasp of selling and I think when that's combined with Nikki's experience, this should turn out to be pretty good. I think Shayna will retain, probably too early to end her "bully reign of terror" yet.

Undisputed Era vs Oney and Birch should be physical. Oney and Birch are just raw rough and tough and I think they'll pair well against Kyle and Roderick.

Aleister and Lars is the only match I'm questioning how it'll turn out. Aleister is great, but I feel like Lars still hasn't figured everything out and maybe is only in this position because of his size. I figure Aleister will win this, but I just hope they don't make it go too long. Trying to put Lars in a 15 to 20 minute match is just gonna expose him, this needs to be a shorter match with Lars punishing Aleister for most of it, until Aleister lays into him with wicked strikes and nails the Black Mass to put him down.

And of course, Johnny vs Ciampa. I expect this will be nuts, and this time around I'm betting Ciampa's gonna win this. Possibly with EC3 interference but even without it, I think Ciampa's coming out on top this time. Potentially "injuring" Garganno to separate them for awhile.
In other news, Adam Cole will be defending the North American title over seas against current indy phenom WALTER. It is still unlikely Big Van WALTER will sign with WWE but it is still fun to see matches like that booked.

RIP Adam Cole's bird chest.
That would be a cool way to get a new guy over and signed. Like in this case, imagine if Walter won the title. That'd be a cool way to introduce him to the company I think. I dunno. I smoke a lot of weed.
[Image: 6s9Vk0c.png]
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

I always thought it would be dope if they let someone like ZSJ win the uk belt and carry it around to immediately legitimize it as one of the most important titles in the world.

That would apply to this belt too.
[Image: Chaos.png]

I feel as though these titles should primarily be defended in their designated countries or continents but like the idea of them being shown around the world. I went to a taping of Championship Wrestling from Hollywood the other day and it was pretty cool seeing 3 different company's championships defended (their TV title, CZW world title, and NWA world title). Even if the belt isn't on the line, seeing these guys carry these to the ring gives them some added legitimacy and gives the titles notoriety.
I chose this show over Money In The Bank before anything was put in place and I'm actually regretting it. Last year I did the dreaded back to back Takeover/Backlash (JINDER!) and hope to never do back to back again as it's too much damn work (also did a Raw/Smackdown 6 months before that). Last year's card was just as bad on paper as this year's but we got the super awesome Dunne/Bate match and I'm really hoping we get that again from Dream/Ricochet. The Tommasso/Johnny match should be amazing on the network but for the live crowd I just have a feeling it'll be trash as street fights can't be kept up with live. Nikki doesn't need the title and won't win it. Black hasn't defended the title yet and should win cleanly. The tag match could go either way. I'm actually more curious about the TV match taping too as I hope we get an ECIII and War Machine sighting.
The TV matches will be Dakota Kai vs Bianca Bel-Air and War Raiders vs TM61
(06-15-2018, 08:17 AM)Zack T Wrote: The TV matches will be Dakota Kai vs Bianca Bel-Air and War Raiders vs TM61

Thanks. Kinda excited for that tag match. TMDK have been in creative jobber hell forever so hopefully they can get some momentum going especially with the "re-branding".
I guess you could say The Mighty Do Kneel.
(06-15-2018, 11:10 AM)Chris Wrote: I guess you could say The Mighty Do Kneel.

I think they should just become... The Mighty... Ducks. And quack at people. It'd get over.
I would cheer for that. In recent months I watched that as an adult and it just did not hold up.
Pat McAfee is money.
[Image: nls85v.jpg]
Tag Match - Very solid, very physical, I liked this more than I thought I would.

Velveteen Dream vs Ricochet - Jesus christ, on most other Takeovers, this probably would've been match of the night and should be considered as a match of the year candidate, but it's the year of Garganno vs Ciampa so it probably won't get it. But good grief this was nuts. I figured Ricochet would get the win tonight, but my GOD did Dream step his game up and look like a fucking star. Just like in his loss to Aleister, Dream rises up anyway. Absolutely amazing match.

Shayna vs Nikki - Didn't have high expectations for the match, but they did well. Great psychology, and sick outside bump with Shayna dropping Nikki on the steel.

Aleister vs Lars - Surprisingly good match, didn't have high hopes for this one either, but Lars really stepped up here. Admittedly I assume Aleister handled the match, but Lars did his part and it went well. It's unfortunate Aleister missed that one Black Mass but it's hard to tell if that was his fault or if Lars moved when he shouldn't have. Either way, good match, good ending.

Garganno vs Ciampa - Holy fuck. Just when you think it won't go any further, it got more intense. The wedding ring, the steel steps, the tables outside the ring, the handcuffs, and the exposed ring. Just insane levels of brutality in this match, I have never seen anything this violent or physical in my near 20 years of watching wrestling. I don't know where we go from here for these two, but holy shit.
Always forget Nikki Cross has a ass worthy of Ass Parade.
Very very good show
[Image: MNE-Outlined-in-Chalk.jpg]
NXT has never had a bad Takeover. Good lord that Ciampa/Gargano match....
[Image: 6s9Vk0c.png]
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

(06-16-2018, 10:20 PM)Zack T Wrote: I have never seen anything this violent or physical in my near 20 years of watching wrestling.

Lol
Crowd was hot. Super hot. Not a SINGLE CM Punk chant. Might be a first in 8 years or whatever. Almost double the crowd from last year here. War "Raiders" set the show off with a super awesome squash and a lot of "War" chanting. Bianca Belair looked good. The tag match was my highlight. I had minimal expectations for it but it was damn good. Ricochet and Dream was good. I was expecting great. But it was good. Cross and Baszler was bleh. Black and Sullivan was what it was. Johnny and Tomasso is what Nakamura and Styles should be. Great match. Long. Surprisingly a lot of in ring time for a street fight. I think I could watch them feud for another year and not be disappointed.

I left happy. It was what... a 2 hour 40 minute show? That's kinda crazy for a Takeover with 5 matches. The poster I got is fugly though but yanno... posters. Whoop Whoop.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users Like JustJoe's post
I enjoyed the show but not quite as much as the last Takeover. Other than the main event, was sort of underwhelming to me.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
I think there was 1 point during, I want to say Ciampa/Gargano that there was a very very small number of fans I barely heard trying to chant CM Punk, but that was it