► Official NXT Thread
I'm fine with her still having it. For starters, I like long title reigns, especially if they play up the historical significance of it. They're doing that with Asuka. Every time she passes a milestone, they acknowledge it and point out that she's pretty much the most dominant champion in WWE in decades.

And secondly....lose it to who? Maybe Kairi Hojo after she debuts? But beyond that, there's no one in the company that would even be remotely considered a legit threat to her except maybe Ember Moon. And I'm just not sold on her yet. Plus, she allegedly fucked up her knee in the same match so she's probably gonna be out for awhile too.
[Image: dFuaqKG.jpg]
You know, I've never heard of a chick breaking a collar bone pulling a pie out of an oven, or blowing out a knee from vacuuming a rug....just sayin'.
[Image: il_570xN.711877764_jggh.jpg]
Don't be a cuck, be a sick fuck instead at http://thesfu.net/forums/
[+] 2 users Like hedgehogg96's post
One thing I'm starting to dislike is these guys winning the belt, defending it once, maybe twice and being called up. Let's get a group of 4-5 legit title challengers at one time. We all know what's going to happen.
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER FROM THE NXT TAPINGS BELOW. SCROLL DOWN AT YOUR OWN RISK

Asuka vacated the NXT women's title tonight due to her injury. They had a big send-off for her with the whole roster out on the ramp and Ember Moon even coming out to hug her. Then Regal announced that he's negotiating with Raw and Smackdown for Asuka. So she leaves NXT undefeated and will be showing up on the main roster when she's healed (6-8 weeks, broken collarbone).
Well that's fucking stupid
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
Pretty much but I get the logic.

What is great about this is that Asuka was never originally meant to be brought up. Her in ring ability and presence allowed her to catch fire. Vince raping the NXT roster helped to work in her favor as she had no credible contenders (Bayley and Nia seemed like the last ones). NXT has really struggled with rebuilding their womens division so in a weird way, this is a perfect time for Asuka to leave. The Mae Young Classic is going to provide a large enough influx of talent that NXT will probably be hitting reset on the division. In a few years, Asuka will face women she has never stepped in the ring with.

Now the key to making her work on the main roster is to not have her wrestle every week. Hell, don't even show her every week. Talk about her, use her in video packages, have her do dark matches, etc. When you have only 6 or so women per roster, you have to find ways to keep the characters fresh.
[Image: 2zxDa-63bw4-1.gif?height=400&password=aS...&width=400]
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
I don't mind it. It makes sense. She's legit injured so I can understand the need to get the title off of her. And there's no one in NXT who's on her level, so having someone beat her right now just isn't realistic.

I like the idea honestly. Her vacating the title and moving up to the main roster puts her on a whole other level. She spent over a year and a half in NXT, undefeated. She "retires" from NXT still undefeated and moves up to the main roster to hopefully continue her streak.

Now, obviously, Vince is going to absolutely ruin it because he always does. Asuka will be jobbing to Carmella within 6 months. But for now, I like it.
*Lana defeats the debuting Asuka via submission during the commercial break*
[+] 3 users Like Chris's post
From a beltmaker:

NXT is doing a mid-card title.

It's not the UK title as many sites are saying. UK will be getting more focus soon so that is the belt for them.

It will be a new title unnamed as of now, but will apparently be integrated with Dusty Rhodes legacy as NWA Television champion.
Kinda like
(03-17-2016, 02:01 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Jimmy King had a broken back and was paralyzed but he hopped out of his wheelchair and whooped Kanyon in Memphis. Then Sting broke six bones in his neck with a bat and in two weeks he came back and ruled ass.

Jimmy King > Sting

Not sure that I necessarily like NXT having a midcard title, but I must say I absolutely love Triple H's obsession with 80s wrestling.
As an aside, did you see how much Sid looks like Harley Race? I bet HHH is jealous.
Found it:

[Image: 1udx1aumcrhz.jpg]
Jesus that's Sid?!?!
Oh man...also, I guess his son was on last season's Big Brother. He looks just like him...and is a goon.
[Image: 330skup.jpg]

Did he make it to the finals then quit to go play softball?
Frank was decent player
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
I was reading this thread to catch up on NXT Discussion, and I stopped before reading the SPOILERS Peezy posted (Thanks for the big warning buddy, I'll be watching more episodes tomorrow) because I've been working on catching up with NXT. I finally just got to finish NXT Brooklyn now and here's my thoughts.

Peezy, how the FUCK can you not dig Drew McIntyre now? I mean seriously? I get it - His first go around was lame. I didn't care for him at all from "The Chosen One" through 3MB, I really only ever dug his entrance, I used it in WWE 2K12 and 13 for my CAW, shit was awesome. But Drew sucked.

And when he came back, I was initially like "Ok it's Drew, interesting but whatever". All it took was that match with Oney Lorcan, jesus christ, I was in. Drew is so god damn physical now, and he clearly has more maturity and ring presence than before. Dude owns it now, he is a main eventer.

I will agree that Aleister Black fucking rules. Jesus christ. It was fun to watch him quickly kick some people's heads off in his squash matches, but everyone can look good in a few minutes - Baron Corbin sort've could, Ryback owned it when he was crushing up to 3 guys at once in handicap matches back in 2012, you know. It's easy to look good in those matches when you're the one getting over. BUT Aleister has lived up to the awesomeness as he finally had his first major match with Kassius Ohno and good lord that was good, and then with Kyle O'Riley or Bobby Fish, I can't remember which he fought (maybe both, who the fuck knows) and now with Hideo. Physical as fuck. Also, Heel Hideo really works for me. Hideo is a guy I haven't really cared about ever since he debuted, but his heel schtick right now is pretty good. I like it.

Velveteen Dream is just awesome.

Ember Moon and Ruby Riot had a pretty stellar match on NXT TV a little while back, that was a really really good match. Nikki Cross vs Asuka in the Last Man Standing match was excellent too, really good.

Roderick Strong is another guy I just haven't quite latched on to yet - I know he's good, but he just is so vanilla for me. But god damn it, they hooked me during his championship match with Roode. And now he has some edge with the way he's relentlessly pursuing Bobby Roode, I like it.

Street Profits is literally just Cryme Tyme 2.0, but I'm not complaining. They're fun. Heavy Machinery was fun too, but we haven't seen them since they lost. Speaking of people we haven't seen in awhile, what happened to Liv Morgan and Aaliyah or however you spell her name?

AS FOR BROOKLYN

Gargano vs Andrade Cien Almas - Fucking stole the show. In my opinion, the absolute best match of the night. The entire fucking world is behind Johnny Gargano and this might be the best outing Almas has ever put forth in NXT. Distraction via DIY shirt was clever. I'm hoping that we eventually see Gargano vs Ciampa for the NXT Championship.

Sanity vs AoP - Really good psychology in this match. It wasn't as good as other tag title matches involving DIY, but we couldn't realistically expect that. However, the idea of Sanity ruling through Chaos really came across well and they fuckin did it, they beat AoP. Surprising but good surprise. Sanity has been mishandled up to this point, in my opinion. A rare mistep for NXT to do that, but Sanity's lost so much it was hard to take them serious. But hopefully now they're gonna be on the right track.

Aleister Black vs Hideo Itami - In my opinion, this is Hideo's best match since coming to NXT. Definitely the most physical match of the night, and Aleister got busted open early on. I loved how they showed Shinsuke and Kalisto before the match started and the commentators were basically like "AND THERE'S SHINSUKE NAKAMURA CHALLENGING FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP TOMORROW, FORMER 2 TIME NXT CHAMPION OHMYGOD" "oh and there's Kalisto too" Fun match, love the black mass, jesus what a kick.

Asuka vs Ember Moon - This match started off brutal, slowed down for a minute, and then kicked it into overdrive. Asuka kicking out of the Eclipse was just incredible, what a great match. You could see she was hurt at the end, but it was hard to tell what exactly (I thought it was a shoulder problem). Tough tough person to be able to make it through with that broken clavicle and whatever else went wrong for her.

Drew vs Roode - Pretty good main event with some good hard spots in there, I particularly liked the tilt a whirl slam onto the ring apron and that's probably where Roode got that big bad bruise on his thigh. Very happy Drew is champion.

I think I'd agree that NXT was still a better show than Summerslam, but Summerslam was surprisingly sports entertaining most all the way through as well, so good outings all around for that weekend.
Way to no-sell the new stable, JACK!
/HBK
Yea I've seen that too. Pretty interesting. Adam Cole looks like joe dirt to me
He always struck me as a clone/little brother of Steve Corino.

[Image: latest?cb=20150527075127]
[Image: adam_cole_ic_champion_by_hamidpunk-db40t80.png]
[Image: dpp0077.jpg]
[Image: 784933836_vuBGh-M-1.jpg]
Major spoilers below....

As rumored, the main event for the next NXT PPV is a 2-ring War Games match.
(10-04-2017, 08:54 PM)Peezy Wrote: Major spoilers below....

As rumored, the main event for the next NXT PPV is a 2-ring War Games match.

Jae Jae Jae Jae Jae Jae Jae
[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]

[+] 2 users Like Ceallach's post
Eh...the match itself is cool to bring back, but who's really gonna be in it? I haven't watched much lately but I'm guessing Drew Macyntire's team vs the ROH guys? Sorry, that's not putting this butt into a seat. I feel this could have been a lot cooler if they did it with the roster they had a year or 2 ago.
[Image: il_570xN.711877764_jggh.jpg]
Don't be a cuck, be a sick fuck instead at http://thesfu.net/forums/
Sanity vs Authors of Pain & Roddy Strong vs Cole/Fish/O'Reilly.

So you get a group of guys who can flat out wrestle, and a group of guys who can brawl out of control. Put em all in 2 rings in a cage, that puts my butt into a seat for sure.
[Image: nls85v.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Tim's post
The sheer fact that NXT has never had a bad Takeover show puts my butt in the seat no matter what.
[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post