► Official NXT Thread
Exactly
[Image: ryabFb2.jpg]
I hate that analogy but only because NXT is much better than the main shows (comparing minor league to MLB here). However, I agree with using some of the injured midcarders there. I would even be okay with healthy ones if it resulted in putting younger stars over like we saw with Cesaro/Zayn.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
New theme song and opening.

Ruby Riot seems pretty decent in the ring. Shame about her face though.

Norman Smiley sighting!

Wet Billie Kay....

That Oney Lorcan/Drew McIntyre match....whew lad! Oney is quickly becoming one of my favorites in NXT. McIntyre was fine I guess. Oney got busted open there at the end.

Good promo (given the obvious language barrier) from Nakamura. Super bummed out that he's leaving NXT only 2 weeks before I'm going to see NXT live.

Oh snap, Finn at the very end!
My local indie "best wrestler" was on NXT tonight. Had the pink and blond hair
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
I guess he got rid of the pink.
Who was he? What match? The guy DIY pinned that got beat up after?
[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Yes sir. He faced Joe in Joes 2nd last indie match before he E last year. Great match. He was one of scrubs that Braun beat up a couple months ago in a 3v1 handicap match where the one dude ran away.
[+] 1 user Likes Opitiplex's post
NXT universe is imploding. Civil war has begun. This happened at the most recent taping (non spoiler):

"Crowd was divided and angry over the 1... 2... SWEET near falls. Half chanting "That's Annoying / So Are You!" followed by "Watch The Match"
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
Full Sail crowd is the worst
They're the reason so many NXT guys have been failures on the main rosters. All they care about is doing stupid chants and getting themselves over, then they latch on to the most random people because they can do a goofy chant for them (like Tye Dillinger for example, or to a degree American Alpha), and they keep doing their schtick over and over until the wrestlers get called up because they think these guys are gonna be super over because Full Sail goes crazy, then they debut and quickly end up doing nothing until they get relegated to the bottom of the card or released. For every Kevin Owens or Finn Balor(if he stops getting injured) we get about 10 Vaudvillians' or Tyler Breeze's who do nothing and probably makes the casual fans wonder what's so great about NXT when the guys mostly do nothing after getting called up. But hey, wrestling is supposed to be fun, so who cares if people are getting their dream careers ruined by getting called up too soon as long as a couple hundred assholes in Florida can have a good time?
[Image: il_570xN.711877764_jggh.jpg]
Don't be a cuck, be a sick fuck instead at http://thesfu.net/forums/
I blame those failures on WWE booking and Vince.

Tyler Breeze is a hell of a wrestler and is charismatic. He's probably never going to be a main eventer, especially not with the Prince Pretty gimmick, but he could and should be solidly midcard. Same with Tye Dillinger. He got "10" over, and good for him, but he's a pretty standard midcard guy. He's easy to root for as a babyface, he's decent in the ring, cuts decent promos, etc. All 10 jokes aside, on the main roster, he's a solid 6. Right now, on SD, he's exactly where he needs to be. Getting over doing midcard shit.

American Alpha is outright fucking awesome, but they went to Smackdown and the booking just ruined them.

Vaudvillains, yeah they were always poop.
American Alpha could have gotten over huge of they had brought up The Revival to SD instead of RAW. Hell, both teams would have. They had such amazing chemistry in any of their matches in NXT. Instead they have American Alpha losing clean to those dirty Colon's.

As for Breeze, I say have him shed a few pounds and join the 205 Live crowd. He could have great matches with some of those guys. I've enjoyed him for quite a while and and love to see more done with him.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

I love The Fashion Police aka Breezango, they'd be a relevant team if I ran shit.
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
So I just watched the episodes of NXT following Takeover Orlando up to this week so that I could be caught up for the Takeover Chicago special on Saturday.

I'm really impressed with Drew McIntyre since his comeback. He's very very physical. His match with Oney Lorcan was really solid, and with Andrade too. Actually Almas and Ohno was surprisingly good too.

I hope Hideo doesn't get injured yet again. Poor guy. Percy said it perfectly "He's been in NXT for 3 years but injured for 2"

Good stuff anyway. The triple threat womens match should be fun. Nikki Cross's "Interview" was hilarious, I love her character, she owns it.

I was so surprised Tye Dillinger got to win his blow off match with Eric Young in a cage. Fuckin everyone loses on their way out of NXT, but somehow Tye Dillinger who normally lost all his big matches, finally gets that win on the way out. Go figure Tongue
Tonight's NXT was awesome. Ciampa cut the promo of his life explaining why he turned on Gargano. They also found a way to perfectly work in Ciampa's injury (which couldn't have happened at a worse time) in a way that made perfect sense. Just flat out great shit.

Then a great Danny Burch/Pete Dunne match.
Just acquired tickets for the July 15th show here. Pretty stoked to go to another NXT show.

Win the Day!

What did they do to write off Ciampa?
So he tore his ACL, basically the Seth Rollins injury.

He came out on crutches and cut a promo saying he injured it a few days before Takeover (true) and that he really aggravated it and injured it during the ladder match (also true).

But he basically said that after the first injury, people were questioning whether he'd even be able to wrestle at Takeover. He said people were already trying to replace him. Fans were on the internet asking questions like, "If Ciampa can't work the ladder match, who will replace him? Who should Gargano pick as his new partner?"

So when he injured it again during the ladder match, he said he knew right then and there that it was a serious injury and he was going to be out of action for a long time. And he looked at Gargano and knew that if he was out, Gargano would replace him. And he won't be replaced. So he basically said, "If I'm going to be out for a long time, Johnny Gargano is too."

It basically amounted to Ciampa saying that if he couldn't have Gargano, nobody could. I'm not explaining it well.

Also, that clip cuts off before it gets really good. You really owe it to yourself to watch the full promo on the show. Ciampa gets intense at the end and it's great. "When I return, I will be the most dangerous son of a bitch in all of NXT!"
So they just announced Mauro Ranallo is returning to be the full-time NXT commentator. Should be awesome and I assume this means Tom Phillips is moving up to SD lead announcer permanently now. Good stuff.

Also, pretty damn good Kassius Ohno/Aleister Black match this week. Black is almost definitely gonna be NXT champ within the next year. Dude just has...

[Image: 9YeYcni.jpg]

.....it.
[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Def gonna start watching NXT again out of respect for ranallo
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
Man, Mauro has to be loving life. He gets to keep doing wrestling, in the WWE, doesn't have to deal with JBL or Main Roster standards anymore, is doing Maywhether v McGregor and Bellator MMA. Dude is the fucking Combat sports broadcaster of everything right now.
[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]

Yea, the Ciampa promo was amazing. Can't wait for till he goes back to being the Sicilian Psychopath
[Image: 1313106612668_edit0.jpg]
Sal is a bitch juffalo
[Image: l_73652b81556a3c0c4a9cd10db405d260.gif]

Aleister Black is fantastic. I'm on the hunt for his pre NXT matches.
[Image: 330skup.jpg]

Johnny Gargano, Kota Ibushi & TJP
Vs.
Marty Scurll, Tommy End & Will Ospreay
WWNLive SuperShow - Mercury Rising 2016 @ Eddie Deen's Ranch in Dallas, Texas, USA
Ugggghhhhhh @ Mauro Frown

Still have to catch up on a few weeks of shows. Ciampa is amazing. When he turned on Gargano it was so vicious. Jeny kept saying "obviously I know it's a work but this is really emotionally effecting me. They're both SO good!"

Also I absolutely LOVE Aleister Black. His whole persona, everything about him. When he did that Nosferatu raise at Takeover I popped SO hard. They can give him the 'mystical/goth/vampire' gimmick without going full Gangrel.. so great.
I too need to see some of his previous work.

We're also super high on Pete Dunne. Jeny calls him "William Regal 2.0" and that is totally accurate. If 20-something William Regal were coming up right now, he'd be Pete Dunne.
[Image: sa1wgxW.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes myxmastrmike's post
Just finished this week's NXT. Asuka vs. Nikki Cross last woman standing match was the best women's match since Sasha/Bayley in Brooklyn. And if you like chaos, it might have been even better. Crazy bumps, brutal moves, chairs, ladders, tables, etc. Shit was awesome.

Also, Hideo Itami vs. Oney Lorcan, where Hideo got his nose fucked up in the very first move of the match and the doctors stopped it, but then they re-taped the match later. They show all of it on the show. Good stuff. Oney is awesome.
NXT was good this week.

- Dope video package with the Gargano/Ciampa angle that made me feel the feels.

- Bobby Fish debuts, loses to Aleister Black in a good match.

- I don't think I've ever so immediately become a fan of someone so fast as I have Aleister Black. That dude has superstar written all over him. He'll be NXT champion within the next 12 months. Assuming they keep him in NXT that long. The idea of Vince getting his hands on Black scares me. They ruined BAYLEY for fuck's sake. Of all the people who should have been impossible to screw up, they did it in less than a year. Lord knows what they'd do to Black. On the other hand, I really wanna see that entrance at a Wrestlemania.

- Street Profits are basically Worldstar meets Crime Tyme. I was sports entertained.

- Velveteen Dream. Jesus. Patrick has committed hard as fuck to this character and it's entertaining. Good for him.

- Women's qualifying match for the Mae Young Classic was.....there.

- Drew McIntyre feuding with Sanity I guess. Meh.

- Gargano promo wasn't much, but with Ciampa still out injured for many more months, there's no sense in going balls deep into that feud yet.

- HOSS FIGHT main event if you're into that sorta thing
I'm sitting at NXT in Portland right now.

Just watched Velveteen Dream and Aleister Black in an entertaining as fuck 20 minute match. Those dudes can go and have great chemistry together. I didn't put it together that Patrick was Velveteen Dream.

Win the Day!

[+] 1 user Likes Rob's post
Overall, the show last night was extremely fun. I didn't enjoy it as much as last years as I got to see Finn and Joe kill each other last year.

Biggest heat of the night went to the ring announcer. He accidentally called us Seattle instead of Portland and it was all over for him. Dude got booed out of the fucking building every time he touched the mic. He even tried to get a little girl to announce a match and she got cheered, then he was instantly booed again. Then came the "SHE WAS BETTER" chants after that. During Roode's entrance he went to hand his robe to the announcer but ended up throwing it on his head. That was easily the biggest pop of the night.

No Way Jose vs Kona Reeves started the night. Jose got the party started by running up the stairs and through the crowd. He had a legit almost 10 minute entrance. The match was fine but that Kona dude seems like a douche. I was telling my brother that they should somehow do an angle where Jose shaves his facial hair and stands in for Xavier Woods at random times and have Big E and Kofi not know the difference.

Lars Sullivan defeated some Seattle Seahawks reject named Demitrius Bronson. For some reason he thought that wearing his Seahawks gear to the ring was going to get him over. I guess they really don't understand that Portland fans REALLY don't like Seattle sports that much, outside of the Mariners that is. Anyway, Lars destroyed this dude. He was pretty awesome at feeling the crowd and taking the match where it was supposed to go. Good stuff.

Drew McIntyre defeated Andrade “Cien” Almas. Just a really solid match here with nothing that really stood out. We all know that McIntyre is going to end up back on the main roster eventually, but I kind of feel bad for Almas. Dude can flat go but seems like he's going to be stuck in NXT for quite a while longer.

Aleister Black defeated Velveteen Dream. This was 20 fucking minutes of great wresting. Match of the night to be honest. Like I said above, I had zero clue that Velveteen Dream was Patrick from Tough Enough. That character is pretty fucking money right now. It still needs a little tweaking, but it'll get there. He already just does the little things right. Aleister Black was pretty fucking incredible in his own right. I became a fan of his after this match. A lot of great back and forth action that really had the entire crowd engaged the whole time.

The Authors of Pain defeated Heavy Machinery to retain and Ember Moon beat Ruby Riot. Don't really have too much to say about these matches. They were just okay.

Bobby Roode defeated Roderick Strong to retain. First off, seeing Roode's entrance live is so fucking awesome. Once that theme hits, the crowd is INSTANTLY engaged the entire time. Just great fun. It started with a brawl through the crowd before the bell. That was a fun surprise as we didn't get that at last years event. They ended up back in the ring after a few minutes of brawling and put on a solid closing match. There wasn't anything amazing or incredible to it, but just a fun match to end the night.

Win the Day!

[+] 1 user Likes Rob's post
That was a bad mistake for the ring announcer to make! Is the Velveteen Dream just a Prince ripoff?

I don't think I have watched NXT since TakeOver Chicago a few months ago. It is in a rebuilding phase obviously and WWE has cleared house as far as signing big names. I think NXT is due for some exciting times from Summer Slam through Wrestlemania weekend. Also, their women's division is about to get a good influx of talent thanks to that women's tournament.
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post