► Official NXT Thread
Still not sold on Authors of Pain
(03-17-2016, 02:01 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Jimmy King had a broken back and was paralyzed but he hopped out of his wheelchair and whooped Kanyon in Memphis. Then Sting broke six bones in his neck with a bat and in two weeks he came back and ruled ass.

Jimmy King > Sting

Yeah neither am I. They're big and scary looking but they offer pretty much nothing else so far. No personality. Generic big guy power moves. Even Paul Ellering is boring as their manager.
[Image: dFuaqKG.jpg]
They're a million times better than sanity that's for fucking sure
[Image: o8uk4p.png]
At least Sanity has a gimmick. And I like Eric Young and Nikki Cross in small doses. The other 2, I can do without so far.

And either way, they're definitely on TV too much. Seems like we go weeks without seeing Shinsuke or Asuka, meanwhile Sanity is in 2 segments per show every week it seems.
Ikr ftn
NXT needs a bigger roster. Not huge, but their title scenes lack serious contenders. You have a few people in the mix but then you end up with guys like AoP getting the belts just so the bigger stars can chase. The last home grown NXT champ was who? Bo Dallas? Nobody seems to pose a credible threat to Asuka. They could force it, they could have someone upset her, but not a single female in NXT seems to be on her level. Back in the day I could see Charlotte, Sasha, or even Nia pulling off a win but no one else.
[Image: 2zxDa-63bw4-1.gif?height=400&password=aS...&width=400]
I think they should cycle injured main roster people through NXT. So for instance, when a main roster guy is injured, they come back and work a month or two in NXT to get the ring-rust off and build some momentum. Not the major guys. Finn Balor returning to WWE could be a huge moment. You don't want to be giving away his return to Full Sail. That should be a big return moment on Raw or something.

But the midcard/lower guys? Absolutely.

For instance, right now, Zack Ryder, Darren Young, Erick Rowan, and Tamina are all out injured at the moment. But when they're ready to come back, why not have them work a quick storyline with somebody in NXT. It gives the young NXT kids a main roster vet to work with. It keeps the roster fresh by cycling people in and out. And it lets the returning WWE guy a chance to knock off the ring rust, maybe try out some new stuff and see if they can build a buzz for their main roster return.
[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
NXT was pretty decent this week. Andrade vs. Oney Lorcan was stiff as fuck and awesome. And I like how Asuka is slowly turning heel and basically being the female Brock Lesnar.
I feel like asuka vs ember moon is going to steal the show.

But, pretty much the entire takeover is looking to be really awesome.
I really liked Shinsuke vs TJ Perkins. TJ doesn't get a chance to shine like that on the main roster anymore :/
Good to see WWE gave Art Garfunkle's son a job.
[Image: DARKCYDE.jpg]
Holy shit, I haven't watched any NXT since like 2-3 Takeover's ago but I picked the wrong time to come back. I turned it on halfway thru those Aussie bitches babbling about whatever the fuck and Jesus, I thought Sam Roberts was bad on the radio but actually having to look at him while he talks makes him even worse.

But it's pretty funny that they're replacing all the championships because they didn't want it to be too obvious they just wanted a new, jizz free women's title.
[Image: il_570xN.711877764_jggh.jpg]
Don't be a cuck, be a sick fuck instead at http://thesfu.net/forums/
Sanity rocking the twiztid paint
Fresh
Fresh
Great tag match, so good.
[Image: 1313106612668_edit0.jpg]
Sal is a bitch juffalo
[Image: l_73652b81556a3c0c4a9cd10db405d260.gif]

Oh man those new tag belts are sweeeeeeeeeeet
Hmm...so this Aelister Black guy is gonna be a big star here in Ring of Honor, eh Nigel? Looks like it's back to the UK show for him.
This triple threat tag match is pretty bonkers
We are comfortable in our suite! Good viewing angle. They taped an episode right before the start of the PPV. Heavy Machinery is my new favorite team!

Fun show so far, great 3 way tag. Not too eventful thus far.
[Image: 2zxDa-63bw4-1.gif?height=400&password=aS...&width=400]
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
Tag title match was incredible

Asuka/Ember was fucking great also. Stellar show so far
[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Fucking Drew Mcintyre, not only do I not want him back on tv, the bastard even stole Edge's seat.

Or it'd be funny if he was just there to be a seat filler after Edge and Beth left and since he ended getting shown on tv, now he's gonna get resigned. Kinda like how Kramer got that Tony award. At least they should make that his storyline coming back.
Drew has been doing good shit since leaving... He's definitely already sign. Probably going to use him for NXT and the UK league.
[Image: 1313106612668_edit0.jpg]
Sal is a bitch juffalo
[Image: l_73652b81556a3c0c4a9cd10db405d260.gif]

Still not sold on "Kassius Ohno"...

Shitty name
Shitty music
Shitty gear

Is he being punished for something he resembles?

Not sold on Tye Dillinger either or that other ham and egger that was with him.

Sanity is awesome.

Who was this Aliestar Black? Cool finisher.

Gargano and Champa have great chemistry with Revival. Those guys need a call up now.

Not sold on the Authors of Pain name, but their abilities are great.

Ember Moon can come sit on my face. I saw her debut at a house show, great replacement for when Asuka is called up.
(03-17-2016, 02:01 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Jimmy King had a broken back and was paralyzed but he hopped out of his wheelchair and whooped Kanyon in Memphis. Then Sting broke six bones in his neck with a bat and in two weeks he came back and ruled ass.

Jimmy King > Sting

(04-02-2017, 12:27 AM)DangPlex Wrote: Still not sold on "Kassius Ohno"...

Shitty name
Shitty music
Shitty gear

Is he being punished for something he resembles?

A) He chose the name.
B) No idea on the music. 
C) Ever since his first NXT run, he's been wrestling in the indys in the same gear, often sans the jersey, just the tiny shorts.  

So all in all, he's not being punished, this is the name and look he wants.    The cellulite on his legs is even more noticeable in person.  Really wish he'd wear tights or at least some shorts.

He's good on the mic, legit a big guy, and known for wrestling a no-nonsense stiff looking style with some big bumps.  Spend around a decade as Ceasro's tag partner as the King's of Wrestling where they were also considered one of the best tag teams.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
AoP are so blah. Nothing about them appeals to me.
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
(04-02-2017, 02:36 AM)Opitiplex Wrote: AoP are so blah. Nothing about them appeals to me.

But they're big, and brown, and dress in hybrid military-roofer clothes!  SHIELD 2.0!
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
I cant stand kassius ohno, tye dillinger, or sanity

Aop is cool for their relentless "just won't die" big guy style, it takes four guys to put one down for a couple minutes and then boom, more power bombs
The triple threat tag match was fucking awesome, I legit thought they were gonna beat AoP there and it would've been a real credible way to do it. Probably building to an eventual feud with that new other Monster Machine team or whatever they're called.

Sanity vs Tye/Roddy/Kassius/Ruby was ok. Ruby Riot just screams "Reverse Nikki Cross" to me. Maybe she already had that look/persona, but *shrug*.

Aelister Black just hasn't caught me. I knew he was gonna win, that's how these things go. Wasn't bad, wasn't memorable.

Ember Moon and Asuka was fucking great, very physical. I like how I realized I wanted Ember Moon to win because Asuka has slow-burn been turning heel with her increased cockiness, and she full blown turned heel at the end, so there you go. Good stuff.

Bobby and Shinsuke was real good too.

As per usual, solid Takeover. I'd give it an B+ overall probably.
NXT stands for Now's Xaviers Turn rite.
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Fro's post
Bobby/Shinsuke was the best rematch I can recall in years
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
(02-17-2017, 07:13 PM)Peezy Wrote: I think they should cycle injured main roster people through NXT. So for instance, when a main roster guy is injured, they come back and work a month or two in NXT to get the ring-rust off and build some momentum. Not the major guys. Finn Balor returning to WWE could be a huge moment. You don't want to be giving away his return to Full Sail. That should be a big return moment on Raw or something.

But the midcard/lower guys? Absolutely.

For instance, right now, Zack Ryder, Darren Young, Erick Rowan, and Tamina are all out injured at the moment. But when they're ready to come back, why not have them work a quick storyline with somebody in NXT. It gives the young NXT kids a main roster vet to work with. It keeps the roster fresh by cycling people in and out. And it lets the returning WWE guy a chance to knock off the ring rust, maybe try out some new stuff and see if they can build a buzz for their main roster return.

So basically using NXT like Minor League Baseball
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]