► Official NXT Thread

New champ
[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]

Good. Bring Joe up ASAP
[Image: dFuaqKG.jpg]
Yeah, Joe is allegedly heading to Smackdown.

Awesome! Also, I just got my tickets for Takeover San Antonio.
[Image: 2zxDa-63bw4-1.gif?height=400&password=aS...&width=400]
Mad jelly
I have a few extra if you want to go...
Would love to but money's a motherfucker right now. If it was closer, I might try to drive it or something, but no can do I'm afraid. Super appreciate it though
[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
When a Hero comes along...
(03-17-2016, 02:01 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Jimmy King had a broken back and was paralyzed but he hopped out of his wheelchair and whooped Kanyon in Memphis. Then Sting broke six bones in his neck with a bat and in two weeks he came back and ruled ass.

Jimmy King > Sting

[+] 1 user Likes DangPlex's post
Someone shared pics of him in an NXT ring and holyshit...there's just no good angles for him :/
[Image: 330skup.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Dr. Mario's post
Good episode this week. Oney Lorcan is a hard hitting motherfucker and I love it.

DIY vs. Revival was fucking great. Not as good as the Takeover match that was arguably match of the year, but still bad ass.
Excited for Evolve. Chris Hero vs. Zack Sabre Jr. Right afterwards we are headed to TakeOver. I haven't watched NXT since the last TO but I'm sure it will be lively.
Ember Moon: good look but acts too much like a kooky bitch. Liv "Carmella" Morgan: Needs to sharpen her character. Not ready for the main roster.

Good start to the match with each lady going for quick pinfalls. The match ranged from "diva" to "crisp." Good spot with Liv being tossed outside over the top but dangerous and unnecessary.

I hate Tom Phillips. He is like a dull Michael Cole.

Roderick Strong still looks and sounds way too indy. A year or two in NXT will do him some good. His wrestling skills are probably top 10 in the world right now, but he just isn't quite a superstar yet.

Hey MMM - Ghost has an official song for NXT TakeOver!

DIY is still a silly name for a tag team. I like the idea of AoP. It's a fun throwback to old teams from the late 80s/early 90s. I get that Headhunters/Squat Team/Mushroom Boys vibe from them. Green as fuck though.

No Way Jose is a lot of fun. 10 out of 10, would do coke with him. I used to have a female manager named Konane Reeves when I worked at HP. So I enjoyed watching Jose beat on "Kona Reeves." Kona's "hang loose" stance is just retarded. The Drifter really looks like the leftovers of James Storm and Roman Reigns.

Chris Atkins looks to be 10 years too late. He is the perfect generic cookie cutter they were looking for in the bodybuilder era (with body acne to match!). I dig Sanity's entrance. EY's gear looks ridiculous. Looks aside, it was fun watching EY chop down the big man with his unique style. That finisher has to go though.

I'm nervous to see what Roode and Nakamura can do together in the ring. Both men are capable of amazing things but sometimes guys like that just don't have chemistry. I'll keep my expectations low for the TO main event.

Starset? More like Linkin Fart. ZING! THEY WILL NEVER RECOVER FROM THAT DEATH BLOW!

Kay and Royce don't do much for me. Fun fact, my grandmother's name was Billie. Billie is a stupid name. That's probably why she died. Cross reminds me of someone pretending to be tough and crazy. Scrappy I could buy. Asuka had no right to beat up on men. #equalrights #its2017. Payton and Billie not capitalizing on the situation was a mistake. Kind of a lackluster ending.
Just finished catching up on NXT so I can watch Takeover live tomorrow. I hadn't watched since late December. I tend to do that though, it is kind've overwhelming to keep up with Raw, Smackdown, 205 Live, and NXT every single week, so I tend to save up NXT for 3 or 4 weeks and then binge watch it one day. I dunno. I'm weird.

Anyway - Oney Lorcan with the surprise win over Andrade in Osaka was pretty cool, top rope reverse exploder was fucking sick.

Asuka german suplexing Nia Jax was amazing

DIY vs Tajiri/Tozawa was pretty dang good.

DIY vs TM61 was pretty dang good. I suspect they wanted to give them a couple title defenses on TV before making them lose to the Authors of Pain. I think we all know that's where we were headed once DIY won at Toronto and AoP won the Dusty Classic.

I still love Tye Dillinger, and I've become more of a Buddy Murphy fan ever since his match with Shinsuke back in October or September. I really like the guy. I think he's easily the better of the 2 out of him and Wesley Blake. Also, I love the sad facts Corey throws out about Buddy Murphy every time he comes to the ring.

I think we may be on the path to see Bobby Roode steal the NXT title from Shinsuke, and Tye Dillinger step back to Bobby Roode once again - Bobby and Tye have fucking fantastic chemistry, they tell a great story, and I think if you were ever gonna make Tye champion, that'd be the way to get it done. Sort've like the story of Sami finally managing to win the big one when he beat Neville. Look for that to happen at Brooklyn.

Fuckin sucks that Shane Thorn got injured. I mean it's oddly good that it was a knee injury that took place at a live event right after The Revival attacked his knee on TV, so that kind've works out storyline wise. But still, fuckin shit.

Sanity is fucking great, I love them. Killian whatever...they're just glossing over the fact that for the past month and a half they've called his Deimo, and now he's suddenly Killian, but ok. Whatever. Better name honestly, Deimo was a bit...campy.

Asuka vs Nikki Cross is cool as hell, but I think the longterm goal is undefeated Asuka vs undefeated Ember Moon for the Takeover in Orlando. That's where Mania is this year isn't it?

Samoa Joe gets an interesting thing, apparently he's not having to follow the same formula that everyone else who gets called up to the main roster has to go through - Everyone else that gets called up ends up putting someone over on their way out. Neville put over Kevin Owens, Sami put over Joe, Finn put over Nakamura, American Alpha put over Authors of Pain, Tyler put over Apollo Crews, Baron put over Austin Aries, Owens put over Balor, Bayley put over Asuka, just so on and so forth. But it looks like Joe lost the NXT title and his rematch and that's it. I mean I guess you could say he just put over Shinsuke, but usually there's 1 more person before they finally leave.

That's fine with me though.

Also, fuck you Chris I like Tom Phillips a lot. I could do without Percy Watson, but he's not the worst. I just wish they didn't feel the need to make every show a 3 man booth (or 4, in Smackdown's case).
(01-26-2017, 08:09 PM)Chris Wrote: Fun fact, my grandmother's name was Billie. Billie is a stupid name. That's probably why she died.

Goddamn LOL

But yeah, otherwise, I agree with pretty much all of that. I do like Billie Kay and Peyton Royce though.

EDIT: scratch that, I'm with Zack, I would take Phillips over Cole any day.
[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Phillips is the Josh Matthews of NXT/WWE.
I think the 2 man crew of Tom and Corey is fucking stellar.

It's ok to be wrong Chris, some people are born to be on the losing side
Phillips and Graves are fantastic
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
Phillips shows little emotion, has no character, and will end up replacing his coach Cole some day if he stays the course. That's ok if you like him. Sometimes being naive is a blessing.
I love Corey and Phillips together as well. He plays the role of straight man who simply calls the action while taking Corey's abuse perfectly.
Watching Take Over, haven't had the network for a few months, don't know some of them.

Anyways,

As soon as Roodes entrance ends, Graves is amazing

"This is the Greatest moment in NXT history"

"Oh my god you're always infactuated with this guy"

"Shut your mouth Watson"

"Why do you need 8 woman to come to the ring with?"

"Obviously you've never been around 8 woman Watson, it's the only way to live. YOU IDIOT"

Fucking fantastic stuff. Love Graves
Graves is just the best.

Last night was his final night in NXT. I haven't watched yet but I hear they played some kind of video tribute for him or something.
I really like Billy Kay and Peyton Royce. The gimmick/characters are great. Just classic Mean Girls shtick and they pull it off perfectly. Plus, yanno...smokin' hot. And best of all, they both keep getting better and better in-ring. I remember how unimpressive they both were just a year ago.

NXT is still in the rebuilding phase, but I feel like it's starting to slowly get better.
I think they've done it beautifully. Brought in all these established vets and called up the guys that were over seasoned. Now they need to develop new stars and they will
I think they've done it beautifully. Brought in all these established vets and called up the guys that were over seasoned. Now they need to develop new stars and they will
Spring time sure is lovely.
I make it a point to avoid NXT spoilers so I have no idea what's been happening on the tapings.

But from what I can figure, yeah that sounds about right. Maybe add Sanity vs. Dillinger/Roderick/Jose.

I'm curious if Nakamura moves up before Mania. If they were smart, they'd make him AJ's opponent at Wrestlemania. But if he stays in NXT, I have no idea what he does from there. I guess they could throw him into another title match with Roode and presumably Ohno but eh...

The guy has done all there really is to do in NXT. He was too big of a star to be there in the first place and now that he's been there for a year, he's completely outgrown it. They're idiots if they don't bring him up for Mania.
I don't think he should come up before mania. Not enough time to build anything really. I think they should just let him chill. Raw or SD after mania seem to be the best time to bring him up.

That would be fine too. But there's still 6 weeks to Mania and you don't really have to build a whole lot.

Everyone knows who Nakamura is. And most Nakamura fans know he and AJ have history.

Just have Shane McMahon say, you want a match at Wrestlemania? Here. You get Nakamura. And don't even debut him until the show. Let him stay off TV until then and make his very first WWE match at Mania (same way they debuted him in NXT).

Let him and AJ steal the show and voila.
(02-17-2017, 09:22 AM)Peezy Wrote: I make it a point to avoid NXT spoilers so I have no idea what's been happening on the tapings.

My mistake. I thought what I heard was a weekly recap (I have not watched since TakeOver), not spoilers. I'll remove what I said.
Nah I don't think your post was spoilers. Based on what's been happening on TV, I would have guessed those exact same matches. They showed Ohno backstage helping Nakamura after Takeover, Ember Moon makes sense, and they're clearly building a tag team triple threat.