► Official NXT Thread
The NXT UK show was on today. Really good shit from top to bottom. Basically a Takeover-level show.
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

Pete Dunn is the shit...
Finally watched both nights of the UK tournament show. First night was harder to watch than night 2 just because I didn't know hardly any of the guys and maybe it was my mood too. Though I really liked Zack Gibson and Travis Banks.

6 man tag match on night 1 was dope.

Night 2 the fatal 4-way was good, nice to see Noam Dar again. I like that guy.

Tag title match was bonkers and that finish made the crowd erupt like it was 1999, fuckin nice.

Women's title match actually was better than I expected.

The other women's match was just there. The crowd was really polite to them, but man, I don't think they should've been out there.

Adam Cole and Wolfgang was alright. I don't really care for Wolfgang though and clearly the crowd doesn't care much about him either.

Tag match with Ricochet/Black and EC3/Dream was not as good as one would've expected but it was still pretty damn good. I thought the ending was really good too. Doesn't hurt EC3 to lose that way, and it saves Dream from eating another pin too.

Pete Dunn and Zack Gibson was solid as fuck. Pete continues to just have great matches all around (As does Tyler Bate).

Moving on, I loved on NXT they interviewed EC3 and he said he was gonna kick down the door to Regal's office to get a real challenge. Loved the bravado, and I also loved when he was walking away and they asked "Who are you gonna ask to face?" "EVERYBODY". Nice. I don't know if EC3 is heel or face, because his gimmick suggests heel for sure, but his actions say face. I guess he's just EC3 and he's VIP and that's what makes him just him and me, me.

That 6 man tag of Ricochet/Moustache Mountain vs Undisputed Era was fucking sick. Ricochet backflip dodging his way out of the double team from Strong and O'Riley was fucking insane, Ricochet was just amazing as hell the whole time he was in the ring. Bate and Seven and everyone else were on point too, just a really fucking good match.

Dream vs that new guy was really good too. He had a strong showing against Ricochet a few weeks ago too, I like the guy. I like how he talks trash while fighting, although he might want to talk just a little less. Still do it a lot, I mean KO is great at it, Mark Henry during his Hall Of Pain run talked a lot too, just gotta find the right groove.

Ciampa challenging Black is exactly what I said should happen and I am glad they're moving that direction. Interesting that it's gonna happen on NXT TV and not a takeover. Hopefully they devote enough time to it on that episode.

Garganno's attitude is brilliant lately, it's really good continuity. He is damn near suffering from PTSD from the shit Ciampa is putting him through and him brutalizing EC3 the way he did was intense. I wasn't sure who was gonna win that match...I mean EC3 put up a damn good fight and I thought he might end up winning because Garganno gets too caught up in emotion or something, but no.

Speaking of, I liked EC3 stealing the spotlight from Dream and not forgetting that Dream walked out on him. Very nice. Probably gonna see those two fight, maybe at Brooklyn.

I like British style promos. They feel more real to me. Usually more calm, more off the cuff, just regular talking.

Dakota Kai and Bianca Bel'Air had a damn solid match too. Very well done. I also am so glad Bianca got that new finishing move. It looks awesome, and it's infinitely better than the Alley Oop bullshit. I've never been a fan of that move. Even when Big Show briefly did it back in 2002-ish, it looks fucking dumb.

I love The Mighty right now. I mean I've been fans of TM61 ever since they got here though. And I love these little backstage camcorder/phone recording promos they do with people, it feels so natural to me. Like, duh people like to record themselves and in this age we can use that to send messages to our opponents. That video Otis took where Tucker got attacked and you barely see The Mighty running off on the other side of the glass is just good. So good.

Can't wait to see Noam Dar vs Pete Dunn.
NXT was fucking great tonight from top to bottom. Goddammit, Triple H can't take over the main roster soon enough

Anyone read the NXT spoilers? Some shit is on its way...
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
No spoilers please, I don't want to know in advance. I can't wait to see how Black and Ciampa is gonna turn out.

Watched the last 2 weeks worth of NXT.

Tag title match was fuckin awesome, and I was surprised with myself how ALL IN I was at the end of it with Trent Seven REFUSING to tap out so he doesn't disappoint Tyler Bate, and Tyler finally throwing in the towel. Really hit me in the feels, that was so well done.

I really dug the backstage promo by EC3. Now we finally know he's a face! "Ah here. I'm rich, I don't need your money" bahaha. His gimmick is so interesting because he CLEARLY should be a heel with what he's got going on, but he's just so god damned charismatic that he makes it work. Not making him a coward, as well as him clearly enjoying the adulation of the fans = fun stuff. I loved seeing him rip apart Kona Reeves verbally too. Kona about to get his first loss since becoming "the finest"

Really dug the backstage promo by Velveteen Dream too. Man, they're protecting him and using him so well. Showing him just enough that we want more, without over-using him and watering it down. I'm wondering who he's gonna fight at Brooklyn.

Ricochet vs Adam Cole should be good whenever that happens.

Sick attack on Black by Ciampa, as well as more continuation of Garganno being possessed when he talked to Black. I loved it.

Nice to see the Street Profits again.

Interesting backstory video package for the War Raiders. I wish they'd call them War Machine though, that just sounds better than War Raiders. But I wonder if it's something to do with Marvel copyrights or whatever.

Solid women's triple threat as well as good singles match between Dakota and Lacey. Crowd was fuckin nuclear for the triple threat, as well as the tag title match.

Also love Shayna on commentary. Her answers are so spot on. "Shayna what did you learn by facing Nikki Cross?" "I learned that I can beat her" "Enough said". Boom. Simple and effective.
Cain Velasquez is training at the PC.

Cain could have a lot of potential if he can stay healthy. Hes athletic af and his credentials are obvious.
[Image: Chaos.png]

It'll never work. We had Cain The Undertaker, Big Red Machine Kane, Big Red Retard Kane, Corporate Kane, Singapore Cane, Fuji's cane...it is just too much.

Also, I look forward to Zack's reaction to what unfolds over the next few weeks. The next takeover will be interesting. I'm a little let down with some of where they are going for the upcoming WarGames show in November as it will make some storylines a bit predictable and possibly pigeonholed others. But Takeover Brooklyn (IV?) should be almost pure fire. If you have the chance, go!
[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
Zacc bro I can't believe they did the thing!!! Absolute mad lads!! The one guy beat the other, chicc's fought over me & then the teams wrestled. Oh sorry, if you're still reading: spoilers poasted.
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Fro's post
God damn it Fro I said no spoilers

Just finished this week's NXT. First off, major LOL @ these 2 fans during the Ricochet/Adam Cole bit. Shortly after Adam Cole turns down Ricochet's challenge and begins walking away, you can hear a fan yell "COWARD" at Adam Cole, followed up by another fan yelling "SHUT UP KYLE" and then "YOU SHUT UP" right back at him. Hahahah

That was a badass segment though.

I'm really happy they didn't take any commercial breaks during Ciampa/Black's match. They treated it like a Takeover match and let us have it uninterrupted for a good 20+ minutes. And damn it was a good match. Most of it was just at "good" for me, but once we got to the last 7 or 8 minutes, jesus Christ the intensity ramped up high. Excellent ref bump, that was actually believable. Falling down on concrete fuckin sucks, and the ref was selling like he landed on his elbow and it actually made sense. Black was made to look like he beat Ciampa if it weren't for that, Garganno inadvertently hitting Black with the title belt and Ciampa using a new finisher (new to me anyway, dunno if he's done it before) to become NXT Champion.

So I assume this is leading to a triple threat at Takeover Brooklyn, and I'm very cool with that. Should be balls out crazy.

Brooklyn card is shaping up pretty awesomely. My guesses for matches are below

Black vs Ciampa vs Garganno - NXT title

Ricochet vs Adam Cole - North American Title

Undisputed Era vs Moustache Mountain and maybe also vs War Raiders - NXT Tag Titles

Shayna Baisler vs Kairi Sane - NXT Women's title

EC3 vs Velveteen Dream

If that ends up being the line up, definitely an awesome show.

As for War Games, yea, if they do 3 v 3 v 3 again, it could lead to some predictable storylines. The benefit of War Games being a surprise last year is that it felt really organic to see it all come together. You already had 2 teams of 3 people in Sanity and Undisputed Era and you had AoP and Roderick Strong who had already had problems with both of the other teams, so it all worked out really well. This year, I dunno. I'm guessing Undisputed Era will once again be involved, maybe also "British Strongstyle", and then maybe Ricochet and War Raiders?

British Strongstyle kind've irks me. I know Pete Dunn has kind've turned face ever since he teamed with Roderick Strong and it was further reinforced when Roddy turned on him, but the announcers keep talking about this stable like it's a real thing and the thing is, they never even fuckin formally formed. They've never had a backstage interview all together, and it further bugs me that they're talking like "PETE DUNN AND TYLER BATE ARE BEST FRIENDS" when they ARE FUCKING NOT. They are bitter rivals who can have mutual respect for each other, especially right now due to Pete being more of a Face. But they should NOT be friends.
That Ciampa/Black match was fucking incredible. And the actual screams of horror when he won. That crowd was having an existential meltdown and it was beautiful.

And yeah, Brooklyn is shaping up to be outstanding

So what exactly happened to Aleister? I only found one footage of the House Show match in Vegas with Ciampa and it was toward the end. Can't exactly see any moment in it that looked like he was injured to the extent that it is. What are the reports of exactly what happened?
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Didn't he tear his sack or something? Probably gonna be out for awhile if that's the case.
[Image: il_570xN.711877764_jggh.jpg]
Don't be a cuck, be a sick fuck instead at http://thesfu.net/forums/
The rumor I heard was testicular torsion. If you haven't heard exactly what that is, go google and prepare to cry yourself to sleep tonight at the mere thought.

I wonder at what point during the match this happened. The footage shows about the last 2 minutes of it. He doesn't appear to be in pain or struggling to move which would be the indicator. I wonder if it happened after the match or at some point before the fan began filming. Judging by what I've read about this type of injury you would think he wouldnt be able to stand up and most likely would have been stretchered. I believe Tommy Dreamer had a similar incident in ECW and he was rushed to the hospital on a stretcher.
Takeover on tonight. First match was amazing.

Fuckin LOL at Velveteen wearing tights that say "Call Me Up Vince"

This main event!
[+] 1 user Likes Landshark's post
Ricochet/Cole

My God...
NXT's perfect attendance streak of amazing Takeovers continues yet again

I wonder at what point Gargano will get the title.
I watched bits and pieces of all the matches and then the full main event. The tag title match seemed a little sloppy as were EC3/VD. The transition between moves left a lot to be desired. Main event was pretty awesome. My only complaint is that they rehashed a number of things (you can say it is a callback but had they left out exposing the ring and the usage of handcuffs I would have been even happier). There was also a ton of creativity in that match which I appreciated.
Reminded me of HBK vs HHH
Adam Cole and Ricochet may have been the best pure match of the night for me.

That superkick spot has replaced the Shawn/Shelton superkick as the end-all-be-all of holy fuck superkick moments.

[+] 2 users Like Peezy's post
That tag match was fucking good. My one complaint is that I don't think Kyle should've kicked out of the burning hammer/knee drop double team, I think that should've been interrupted by Roderick. It probably was done to showcase Undisputed Era's toughness though, which they'll need to be perceived as super tough to fight War Raiders. But damn that was a great match. Tyler Bate is the future, I love that guy. He is just amazing. All those guys are great.

EC3 and Velveteen Dream, I kinda had the hint Velveteen Dream would win, both because EC3 got the better of him on TV and because of how incredibly much EC3 dominated him at the start. It was a good match. Not Dream's best, but I attribute that more on EC3. My impression of EC3 currently is that the dude is unbelievably charismatic, but is only slightly above average in the ring. I don't know that we're gonna get any real 4 * quality matches from him, but he is good enough to get things done and so magnetic that it outweighs that for him a lot of the time. Dream's tights are lol, though I don't want him called up right now. He'll get lost in the shuffle like almost all NXT call ups have been this year.

Adam Cole and Ricochet was definitely the best pure match of the night. Adam Cole is so freakin good and Ricochet is just amazing. That moonsault superkick spot was just insanely well timed and brutal and I thought Adam Cole had it right there. Fuckin awesome match, well done.

Women's title match was pretty solid too. Kairi Sane definitely showing more than she has, and I love Shayna's maliciousness. I'm a bit surprised Shayna lost, but I could see her being brought up to be the first legit threat to Ronda Rousey on the main stage. Although I kinda want Shayna to stay in NXT a bit longer.

Ciampa and Garganno was just insane. So many memorable spots, brutality, well done. Johnny Garganno has main evented every takeover this year so far. I dunno if he's ever gonna win the NXT Title at this rate though. I still hope he does. Even if he gets a short reign like Sami did, I still want him to have it.
Ricochet/Cole are proof that Vince has no fucking clue what he's doing with the main roster talent. Ziggs/Rollins are probably the only thing he has remotely going for him.
I legit scared my dogs by jumping off the couch and shouting when Cole hit that superkick on Ricochet.

Agreed on EC3. Charismatic but nothing about him really impresses me otherwise. Decent but that's it. Velveteen needs to stay in NXT a little while longer. He's still young and he's not there yet. The character is great but he still sounds nervous and doesn't have good delivery when he cuts promos. And he can have great matches if the opponent is great but him and EC3 was probably the worst match on the show. Still good, but nothing compared to the others.

And yeah, I feel like Shayna is getting called up soon. I think WWE is kinda rushing all of Ronda's friends so they can hurry up and get the 4 Horsewomen match to happen. I expect Shayna to Smackdown soon. Kairi has a whole roster of NXT women to fight, plus Io Shirai is waiting on the horizon.

I love the story they're telling with Gargano. He's so obsessed with his hatred of Ciampa. It's cost him matches, it cost Aleister the title, it's now led to him getting injured. They've even teased issues with him and his wife, with Candice getting fed up with it. And it's starting to slowly feel like the crowd is turning on him a little.

Gargano is like Luke Skywalker. He's slowly letting his hatred pull him to the dark side, and it's costing him everything. This is NJPW-level storytelling.

EC3 on the juice, too.

Bet he gets Chris Master treatment soon.
Forgot to mention that I'm excited for Matt Riddle to sign with NXT. Honestly thought it would never happen as he is RVD levels of a pothead.

For those unfamiliar, Matt is a former UFC fighter who transitioned very easily into pro wrestling. Although he didn't "set the indy scene on fire", he did make a big splash in every promotion he went to. He is kind of a mixture between Daniel Bryan (as a striker) and Zack Saber Jr. as a grappler. To be honest, I'm not sure what NXT will do with him as they are filling up with talent...but the BRO Era might be upon us.
Matt Riddle is really good. I think he will do great in NXT, but hes also 6'2" so I expect he will make it on the main roster quick.
[Image: Chaos.png]

Definitely think he'll be amazing in NXT, but god help him on the main roster.

Then again, that goes for basically everybody that moves up at this point.