► Official NXT Thread
Velveteen continues to be MONEY!
Ohno continues to look like biscuit dough that needs to up its cardio.

Aliester Black is just... Outstanding, and that double chair back spot Cole took looked gruesome.

Almas/Johnny was stupid good.
[Image: sa1wgxW.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes myxmastrmike's post
So, Spoilers for upcoming tapings

Gargano lost to Almas in a 'NXT Career vs NXT Title match, due to Ciampa interference. If that leads to a main roster debut for Gargano and Ciampa, and we get that match at WrestleMania, I will be very happy.
[Image: nls85v.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Tim's post
Isnt he slated for a CW title tournament slot AND a UK title match?
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
Reading spoilers the next couple months of NXT sound awesome
[Image: Chaos.png]

Spoilerish

NXT North American Championship coming at the next TakeOver in a ladder match with a fun assortment.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/...-new-title
Got myself all caught up to this week's episode of NXT.

Pete Dunn vs Adam Cole was really good, and I loved pairing Pete with Roddy. This subtle face turn without really changing much of Pete is pretty neat.

Was real surprised TM61 didn't beat AoP in the Dusty Classic. I really thought TM61 was gonna win the whole tournament and then the tag titles, but apparently not. So I'm thinking Roddy/Pete win. Read Bobby Fish is injured, though I just saw the headline so I dunno how badly and if he'll miss Takeover or not. If he does have to miss, then who knows what'll happen. But I feel Roddy/Pete will likely be the new champs either way.

Adam Cole vs Kassius Ohno was really fucking good too.

That surprise attack by Johnny on Ciampa was wonderful. I kinda figured it was coming in that way, but at the same time, they pulled it off so well that when Johnny was revealed, even the fans were caught by surprise and so was I. Good build up to have Ciampa successfully rip fans signs away for a couple minutes prior to that, if they just had shot their load instantly it would've been much lamer.

Aleister Black vs Almas should be real good. Almas randomly calling Aleister a piece of shit was surprising, but also done poorly. Like, he basically just said it. He had some emotion behind it, but I feel like the way he delivered the line was lacking. "Aleister, you're a piece of...(intended suspense)...shit!"

I feel like if he hadn't of put the long pause there, but just came out and said it, it would've had more oomph behind it. But whatever.

Not sure how I feel about the North American Championship. I mean, I've felt for awhile that NXT needed a mid-level belt for guys like Roddy to pursue cause they're so over but there's only room at the top for 1. But now we're in a weird spot because the UK guys are being featured a bit more on the shows and they have their own title that would meet that need. BUT that title was intended just for those guys and for their brand, but they're stuck in limbo and it doesn't look like their brand is happening. But to say "Ok we'll just use the UK title for everyone" would be an admission that their brand isn't happening and was somewhat of a failed idea, so instead we get United States championship version 2.0 and it just feels like title overload now, having the NXT Championship, North American, UK, Tag, and Women's there. My guess is they're gonna back off featuring the UK title as much, which kinda sucks cause I don't want to lose Tyler Bate or Pete Dunn.

Anyway, I'd bet Velveteen Dream or EC3 wins the title.

I really hope Gargano wins at Takeover so he gets job back, but then I'd immediately separate Gargano/Ciampa and have Johnny get caught up with other things while Ciampa pursues the NXT title. I'd love to see Ciampa vs Black, that'd be brutal I think. And I'd love to see Ciampa win it, then by maybe Takeover Brooklyn we can see Johnny vs Ciampa again but for the title.

I believe Sanity (as a whole) will be called up soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Ember Moon loses to Shayna and then gets called up shortly after.
[+] 1 user Likes Zack T's post
NXT North American title looks like it should be defended at Lethal Leap Year

[+] 1 user Likes Ceallach's post
I absolutely love it, personally. Looks old school.
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
That was my first thought too - looks like a 70's style belt. Not sure if I like it or not. But I do think giving the multi-man ladder match to NXT is cool. Should be a fun match.
Woot... Also anyine else having streaming issues...
Watching a little late but Ricochet looking like a star out there.

Fucking ladder match is sick...

The end of the tag title match.... Holy fuck man I wasnt expecting that...
Ladder match was fantastic.

Tag title match was awesome.

Women’s match was meh. Moon is obviously going to the main roster.

Almost done the Black Almas match. Black is going to be fucking huge in 3 years time. Headlining Manias
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
Yea Black is the shit... Almas is great too, ever since he got up with Vega hes show why people were hyping him up before he joined.
This main event is going to be pure insanity
Thatain event was great.... So good.
Main event was brutal. And brutal is a good way. So stiff, so tough. That powerbomb onto the cement? Wtf

Only critic I would give it is about two too many false finishes.
The main event surpassed my expectations it transcended the art form...

Also I dont think the womens title match was meh... I think it was excellent but it was on a amazing card.
Women's match was far and away the low point.
It wasn't as bad as it could have been but Shayna Baszler is still DISTURBINGLY green. Totally doesn't need or deserve to be on that level yet.

Opening ladder match was the highlight for me.
Nonstop action from start to finish, every guy looked great and worked their ass off.
Womens match was the weakest match but it was still excellent. I love the story they told.

Yeah, Im only critical because of how green Shayna is. It blew my expectations out of the water. Absolutely a great story told though.
Ladder match was only 4th best for me...

Mainevent
NXT title match
Tag title match
Ladder match
Womems match
As much as I loved the title match, both guys in it and Black winning, it had a couple clunky parts that stuck out.
Nothing terrible/botched spots, but there was 1-2 times you could tell they sorts went off track/forgot what they were supposed to be doing next.
Again, it was subtle, because both guys are fantastic workers bit it was there.
Takeover was much more solid of a show than Mania was, which in this case is actually saying something because Mania was a pretty solid show this year overall.

But Takeover was real good, everything kicked ass.

Ladder match was awesome, lots of carnage, everyone looked like a star except EC3 honestly, he didn't really seem to do too much beyond getting put through ladders. He hit a few moves but nothing that really stood out. Adam Cole winning was a bit of a surprise to me, I kind've expected Velveteen Dream or Ricochet to win honestly. But I am totally cool with it, I would've been fine with anyone winning except Lars. Crowd there felt the same way too.

Tag match was excellent, and that turn at the end by Roderick was a fuckin swerve of epic proportions, I loved it. Definitely needed for him, and I'm looking forward to seeing the explanation and how we move forward.

Women's title match was good, and I agree it was the "low point" of the card, but this was a night filled with 4 and 5 star matches. This was a good match, solid match. I agree Shayna is still green but she's leagues better than someone like Liv Morgan or Sarah Logan. Shayna winning was expected. I liked the psychology of using the turnbuckle to try to pop her arm back into place, or holding her own hair and locking her arm at the end to compensate for the still damaged arm. There was some excellent attention to detail in there by Shayna after her arm got hurt.

NXT title match was real solid and while there were a couple little missteps, I honestly only remember one at the very beginning when Aleister went to do his springboard backflip into the sitting position and he didn't get enough air. But he didn't crash and burn and immediately moved on to a moonsault to the outside so we just skated right on by it and it's fine. Definitely a great match, Aleister winning was awesome, he's fantastic. Almas main roster bound soon, I'm sure. And I agree, once Vega got here, I could see why everyone dug Almas. I've finally come around to him, he's quite excellent.

Gargano vs Ciampa - This was just fucking epic. First thing I loved was the crowd, they were 100% behind Gargano and against Tomasso. Full Sail Crowd pissed me off during TV because you've got contrarian dickheads in the crowd who just want to do dueling chants or cheer for the wrong people just because they can be heard in a smaller venue, but once we got to the big stage with 16000ish people, it worked the way it should've. I loved all the "FUCK YOU CIAMPA" chants, "ASSHOLE", "You deserve it" when he got powerbombed on the concrete. His entrance with no music allowed for all the boos and jeers to roll in and that was just awesome, very amazing atmosphere. Johnny's music drowned out a lot of the cheers, couldn't hear much in his on TV (at least, for me), but man they were 100% behind him the whole way. And what a match it was, those 2 guys got it. This was the most personal blood feud NXT has ever seen, one of the most personal feuds since...probably HBK/Jericho in 08. They had perfect psychology the whole way, no pin/submission attempts for a long portion of the match and why would they? They should both want to just beat the hell out of each other for awhile. Johnny getting brutal and powerbombing Ciampa on the concrete and even exposing the turnbuckle just showed how far Ciampa had pushed him and hurt him.

The end was amazing, the knee brace, just...god damn. They did everything you could possibly think that they should do, and it all fit together in a way that made sense and looked awesome. If that match/story doesn't get feud and match of the year and 5 star ratings, then I dunno what will. THAT was the match of this whole WrestleMania weekend. I hope now that Johnny is re-hired to NXT that they split them apart, Johnny gets sucked into a feud with someone else while Ciampa pursues the NXT Championship. I want Ciampa vs Aleister, I think that'd be sick. Then later I want Ciampa vs Johnny again but for the NXT title. But this match and feud was just so amazingly good, it made everyone (including me) suspend my disbelief and stop analyzing every little thing like I usually can't help but do. Instead, I was just feeling like "Fuck you Ciampa you son of a bitch. Yea you deserved that powerbomb on the concrete, OH FUCK YOU FOR RAKING THE EYES GO FUCK YOURSELF" - It was just an amazing atmosphere and feeling and Johnny winning was fantastic and right and I loved it.
Let’s go War Raiders...
That had to have been arguably my favorite Takeover event yet. Blown away.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Despite winning the PWG title in late March, Keith Lee dropped the belt tonight to WALTER. Given he just had a tryout match at Wrestlemania Axxess, there is a great chance Keith Lee will be headed to NXT. Obviously there is nothing confirmed but he would be a great addition to the roster!
The WWE roster is unreal these days. If the whole company was booked like NXT and Dunns production style was killed, it could be a golden era.

[+] 2 users Like Ceallach's post
^^sad fact

It's like watching a sports team that has unbelievable talent and finishes with a .500 record
Or its like living in Ohio when you could live anywhere else!
[+] 5 users Like Chris's post
Touche
[+] 1 user Likes Obsidian's post