2015-2016 NBA Thread
Im not saying Kerr is bad but he did walk into a pretty damn good situation and there is no question he made the right move choosing GS over NY. Better than most first year head coaches probably ever will. Thing that helps Kerr the most is that he's a student of Phil Jackson which means that not only is his knowledge better than most but he can also employ systems and strategies that are probably gonna be a lot more effective than most.

I understand that GS did improve under him as well but to discredit Mjax and pretend like he didn't help put the pieces in play is ridiculous. 4 of the 5 starters were draft picks that he specifically chose while trying to secede Don Nelson and keep the kind of system alive that he would have wanted. Yes they lost in the playoffs twice under him but weren't they also a sub .500 team that many thought were headed for some dark days once Nelson retired? It wasn't like they were getting worse under him either. In fact, his last post-season appearance was GS losing to the Clippers by a buzzer beater (same way the Spurs went out last year). I think GS would have gotten up there either way but no question Mjax definitely helped them big time.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
that is all complete nonsense. mark jackson was the head coach from 2011-2014. that is his only relationship to the organization. his job prior to this was an ESPN NBA game analyst from 2006-2011. you are claiming he drafted players for the warriors while he was a commentator for espn. all the credit you are giving to jackson is all Larry Riley and some to Jerry West

and kerr's coaching lineage is Lute Olsen > Cotton Fitzsimmons > Lenny Wilkins > Phil Jackson > Greg Popovich. his game strategy and systems that he runs are all Pop inspired. the phil jackson coaching tree is absolutely terrible, you dont even want to go there.
[Image: topdogg.jpg]
They had 1 season where they made the playoffs in 17 seasons before Mjax. Consider that.
The clippers were fucking garbage for 30 years before drafting Griffin and trading for Paul, who cares
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
Their franchise and fans obviously.
Not the point but good try deflecting that you were wrong, again
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Opitiplex's post
So you're saying Blake Griffin and Chris Paul suck? Gotcha.
at this point you are either trolling hard or dont actually watch the nba.. or probably both
Sorry Im not a stat freak and am going by the untrained eye. Guess you're the new Stephen A Smith around here.
no i just dont say ridiculous things that are either false or dont make any sense. you can have your opinion that jackson is a good coach (which noone with any clue about the nba agrees with) but you cant make random claims that he built the roster from the ground up and somehow drafted players while being employed by espn.
I just dont get how you call a guy a bad coach who lead a team that was historically bad before his arrival to the post-season twice and got better every season under him. If Kerr had lost in rd 2, I doubt you would have the same views and they haven't had to deal with the Spurs or a healthy OKC yet so there's still a lot TBD.
(01-24-2016, 01:37 AM)Obsidian Wrote: So you're saying Blake Griffin and Chris Paul suck? Gotcha.

Both overrated players

CP is better than Blake though
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Mudkips's post
(01-24-2016, 11:45 PM)Obsidian Wrote: I just dont get how you call a guy a bad coach who lead a team that was historically bad before his arrival to the post-season twice and got better every season under him. If Kerr had lost in rd 2, I doubt you would have the same views and they haven't had to deal with the Spurs or a healthy OKC yet so there's still a lot TBD.

because the history of the team doesnt matter? your logic is that mark jackson is good because he took a team that was bad, even though none of these players have anything to do with those previous teams, and he won a playoff series. yet you discredit the next guy who took his place and won the championship his first year, and in year 2 is on pace for the best single season record in the history of the entire nba. how can you possibly be praising jacksons 3 years of coaching and giving kerr a TBD? do you see why none of this makes sense?

and agreed with kips, blake and cp3 are overrated. although i do like blake. used to not like him but when he became point forward when cp3 got hurt last year he won me over. doc doesnt really use correctly imo
[+] 1 user Likes bj0rn's post
Again, I'm not discrediting the job that Kerr has done. I'm saying that Mark Jackson is a big reason that the Warriors got better in that short of a time frame. I understand Steph, Klay and Draymond are all solid players that really came to life in the last few years but to pretend as if Jackson had NOTHING to do with their success is just absurd.
im just going to agree to disagree at this point. we clearly have different philosophical views on what a coach is
Yup. Unless they win a championship, they must be worthless.
conversely, if you win a playoff series with a franchise that used to not win much, you must be really good

are you aware that 90% of my day consists of playing poker online and watching/betting on nba? ive done it successfully for over 10 years now. if i dont know the nba inside and out then I cant eat at night. i have no problem continuing this argument as long as you really want to go with it.
That's kinda sad bro LOL
sad how?
Well I hope you didn't put your rent money on the Spurs tonight

Steph is just ridiculous.
No Duncun doe

They were bound to lose
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
steph so disrespectful. yeesh. dont think pop cared to much about that game tho. still the gap might be a little wider than i had previously thought but spurs just played really bad overall

lousy refs screwed boogie out of a 60+ point game tonight

(01-26-2016, 12:38 AM)Obsidian Wrote: Well I hope you didn't put your rent money on the Spurs tonight

i dont know what rent money is. i have mortgage payments like a big boy
[+] 1 user Likes bj0rn's post
YOUR HOUSE IS COUNTING ON THE WARRIORS WINNING BRO!!
curry has already netted me 32.5 house payments from winning mvp last season. i think i'll be ok for awhile!
If you really want a sure fire bet, bet that Tyronn Lue will lose his job in 2 years. Nobody ever stays in Cleveland longer than that.
DETROIT BASKETBAAAAAAAAAAAL (my new team)
[Image: 1bfbfe_475c6013db4449d4874b98d9d4b3baf4.gif]
WHEN I DIE, BURY ME INSIDE DA BOOTY CLUB
[+] 1 user Likes Brulos's post
(01-26-2016, 01:50 PM)Obsidian Wrote: If you really want a sure fire bet, bet that Tyronn Lue will lose his job in 2 years. Nobody ever stays in Cleveland longer than that.

depending what your idea of sure thing is, i will take you up on this and bet over.

there is some % chance of a scenario playing out where lebron leaves and then they stick with him for sure.
so blake broke his hand punching an equipment manager in the face outside a restaurant.... well done blake
(01-26-2016, 04:58 PM)bj0rn Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 01:50 PM)Obsidian Wrote: If you really want a sure fire bet, bet that Tyronn Lue will lose his job in 2 years. Nobody ever stays in Cleveland longer than that.

depending what your idea of sure thing is, i will take you up on this and bet over.

there is some % chance of a scenario playing out where lebron leaves and then they stick with him for sure.

Would be kinda funny if we got burned twice but no matter where he goes, he won't win another championship I don't think.
anyone watching this gsw/dal game tonight. curry isnt doing well but GSW is winning off SLOB and oreb kicked to 3pt. gsw crushes the oreb > 3pt% by a huge margin. they figured out after a offensive rebound if you instantly kick out to 3pt the % goes up huge. this is what coaching is