2015-2016 NBA Thread
lebron went back just to stick it to dan gilbert from the inside. the idea that you would let a player have say over the roster proves the incompetence
[Image: topdogg.jpg]
Lots of professional sports teams have done that actually. The Lakers did that with Kobe his entire career and that's why they're in the position they are now.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
no chance kobe could make roster moves in the jerry buss era. jim is an incompetent buffoon tho but their strategy is completely different. they gave kobe a 2 year max cuz they viewed he is worth it to team revenue. so they play him and everyone comes to watch kobe but really they are deliberately tanking by putting him out there and are hoping they can rebuild through the draft + the cap room they get when kobe comes off the books after this season.

cavs strat is give lebron a 2 year max and let him do whatever he wants cuz they are terrified to lose him. he leveraged all his buddies into getting 4 or 5 year deals while he only takes a 2 year so he can reup under the new cap. hes playing dan gilbert like a fiddle
No question there. What I was getting at is the general strategy of letting the inmates run the asylum. That's kind of what the NBA is today and one reason I don't really enjoy it as much as I once did. I understand that you have to keep your players happy (especially star players) but more and more we continue to see less focus on what is good for the team but rather appealing to one player.

Kobe's situation is not that much different from Lebron's in the sense that for the last decade+ he has been used as the decoy to get talent there but the primary difference is that they didn't lock up a lot of their guys long-term and as they left, the Lakers just filled their roster with young draft picks, changed head coaches, made sure Kobe was paid;etc and now they are in a position where they are going to be fighting for a lottery pick the next 4-5 years. With the Cavs, at least the players who were imperative to locking up long-term (Kyrie, Thompson, Love, Shump;etc) are taken care of. The only real question at this point is whether or not Blatt is the right coach and mark my words if they fail again this year he's most likely gone.
Speaking of Michael Jordan:

http://deadspin.com/heres-michael-jordan...1754143612

Quote:Johnny said physically Jordan and Pippen were about the same as defenders. But when you add in MJ’s ruthlessness and trash talk, that put him ahead of Scottie. When Johnny was coaching with the Hornets in 1995 they had a good team. Glen Rice, Mourning, Johnson. Series was tied at 2 and Hornets had a chance to win game 5 in Chicago. On the biggest possession of the game, Mugsy had the ball with the Hornets down 1. Jordan backed off of him and told him: “shoot it you fucking midget.” Mugsy shot it, didn’t come close. A year later Mugsy actually told Johnny Bach that he believes that single play ruined his career. His shot never recovered.

LOL Goddamn
[Image: ryabFb2.jpg]
dan majerle has a story about after bulls beat suns in the 93 finals that jordan just started cussing him out on the floor in an insanely malicious verbal attack on him. dan had no idea why this was even happening after the game was over and jordan never spoke on it but he later found out that jordan had built it up inside his own mind that majerle is whats between him and the championship and then he just let it all out after they won. jordan stories are crazy

if you ever want to see jordan and pippen completely destroy someone defensively watch the first meeting between 1992 usa vs croatia. bulls drafted tony kukoc a few years earlier but stashed him in europe and he was looked at as the next big euro star to come over and he was going to help the bulls win another championship the next season. mike and scottie used this opportunity to welcome him and even get in a heated argument pregame on who gets to guard him first. kukoc decided to play another season in europe before coming over to bulls because of this game
Haahahaha that's awesome
[Image: ryabFb2.jpg]
Yeah there was no competitor like Jordan. It didn't matter if he was playing you in a school yard court 1-on-1; he was looking to embarrass you and remind you how much better he was. He pissed so many people off but without that 2-year retirement/baseball stint the dude could have won 8 straight championships without breaking a sweat.

That's why the Lebron/Jordan argument is ridiculous IMO. There are literally 20 different HOFers who have 0 rings because of Jordan and the Bulls and several like David Robinson/Olajuwon/Shaq;etc who couldn't get one until after he was gone.
I really hope DD sticks around with the Raps but I'm afraid we have another case of star leaving in their prime.

First McGrady, then Carter, Bosh and now Derozen
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
derozen is having a hell of a year. him and lowery both deserve to be on the all star team imo
This is very true. Especially being in T.
blatt just got canned
That is very odd
[Image: MNE-Outlined-in-Chalk.jpg]
im actually surprised it took this long. lebron has been undermining him since he got there.

whenever you have a team playing for the championship and you have a chance to fire your head coach halfway through the season, you gotta pull that trigger. gotta appease the pouting king
One part of me feels bad for him because I feel like he never really had the right opportunity (I mean last year was his first year coaching at the NBA level and they still got to the NBA Finals and lasted 6 games without 2 all-stars) but on the flip side: Cavs just gave a shit ton of money to both Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson and the guy was absolutely clueless on how to utilize either of them which is what the difference in how far they go this post-season will be.

I don't know how much better Tyrann Lue will be but the players and especially Lebron do seem to like him from what I've heard so I guess he'll get his chance. If it was up to me, I'd be calling up Mark Jackson even though I'd miss him as an announcer.
i saw a reporter tweet saying blatt said it was either him or kevin love. so, looks like an easy choice. especially with lue named hc immediately.
[Image: 21cyopi.jpg]
(01-22-2016, 04:37 PM)Obsidian Wrote: If it was up to me, I'd be calling up Mark Jackson even though I'd miss him as an announcer.

noone can slow curry down quite like mark jackson did
The Warriors are still his team; I dont give a damn if Kerr won a championship or not.
i hope you are joking
Not one bit. Jackson helped mold that team into what it is today. Curry, Klay, Barnes, Draymont are all guys that he helped to develop and ultimately got canned because of his differences with ownership. I like Steve Kerr as a person and his basketball knowledge but I think most could succeed with this GS team. Luke fucking Walton won 23 straight games as an interim coach for God's sake! Give him the Brooklyn Nets and if we get the same result I'll be impressed but that just shows how talented the Dubs are and if Jackson were still there, there's no doubting that couldn't have been him holding the trophy last year. I'll give Tyrann Leu a chance but there would have been no better storyline than firing Blatt, hiring Mark Jackson and we get a rematch in the Finals with him and a healthy Cavs squad looking to get revenge.
(01-22-2016, 04:11 PM)Reggie Wrote: That is very odd

How? Considering Golden State blew them the fuck out
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
mark jackson was a terrible coach. he still lives in the stone age and thinks mid range jumpers are the best shot you can get. kerr and mjax have completely different offenses. mjax used david lee as the focal point of the offense and kerr competely benched him. interesting you think mjax somehow contributed to the development of the core young guys. draymond played 13 mpg under mjax vs 31 under kerr last season. curry was 32.5/1 to win mvp coming into last season and then became the frontrunner to win it within a month of the season. if he was doing this under jackson why were his odds so low to win? cuz he wasn't.. at all. he was completely neutered under jackson who wanted him to be a traditional pg and only take corner 3s while open.

anyone can coach this warriors team yet mjax managed to win 1 playoff series in 3 years with them and now under kerr they won the championship first season and are currently on pace for the best record ever. luke walton didnt put new sets in this year or anything like that, hes running the exact same offense kerr did. its almost like kerr is still the coach but walton has been on the bench calling timeouts and making substitutions during games.

he had differences with the owner but cmon. he was fired cuz he completely botched the series vs the spurs where he decided to continuously run jermaine oneal iso post ups in the year 2014. long stretches of the game where he continued to post oneal. that is terrible.
I'm not a big basketball guy but Will, come on. You're out to lunch
and just cuz i love stats here you go. i didnt bother to look up mjax first season

[Image: KRNDSHd.png]

under kerr he increased their points by 4 per 100 possessions AND decreased their defensive points/100. he turned the offense from a middle of the pack team to top 5 and then 1st this year. and the defense is roughly the same or better under him too. he completely doubled the net rating with the same squad.
I'm a stat geek so that made me get a boner
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
And Will just got killed
Bjorn makes me tingle
[Image: MNE-Outlined-in-Chalk.jpg]
Reggie, since you're the official spokesman for the Pistons here....can a homie get a spot on the team? I'm sure the cavs will do fine..and maybe win a title...but I'm done with them.

Speak with fro and the rest of the pistonjuggalos.org staff and let me.know if I can get on and be an official Pistons fan from now on.
[Image: 1bfbfe_475c6013db4449d4874b98d9d4b3baf4.gif]
WHEN I DIE, BURY ME INSIDE DA BOOTY CLUB
Let me see Kerr go do that with the Pelicans or the Nets and then I'll be sold. Eric Spoelstra also won a championship with Pat Riley's assembled Miami Heat. I guess he's a basketball God too.
bruh, even if you polish a turd its still shit. noone in the world could turn this nets roster into a title contender. pelicans are sucking cuz gentry has no clue how to run an offense without steve nash at pg and cant put a cohesive 5 man lineup on the court to save his life. kerr would have them in the playoffs atleast. Spo is offensively challenged too but he can set up some really good defensive schemes. He also never got underminded by pouty Lebron which speaks volumes to me about his abilty to control the team. and I was speaking more towards how bad mjax is over how good kerr is (kerr is still a really good coach, not sure how you can deny this). honestly probably 75% or maybe more of the current nba coaches are trash so its not just mjax. mjax just takes it to another level with his midrange jump shots and calling iso post plays for the elderly in pivotal playoff moments.

and yes, Pat Riley is a basketball God.