2015-2016 NBA Thread
Oh fuck Dwight no question. Cost his 3rd straight head coach their job and is to blame for Houston's collapse this year.

Shaq/Gasol though were smart for getting out of LA when they did and Kobe fought for more money rather than keeping them around.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
RIP Hot Rod Wiliams.

Dude was one of my favorites Cavs players in the 90s.
CELTICS BREAKING GOLDEN STATES STREAK TONIGHT BABYYYY

#EveryGreenTeamersMindset
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
(12-11-2015, 03:21 PM)Obsidian Wrote: RIP Hot Rod Wiliams.

He was cool, but he was no Craig Ehlo.
[Image: 04mangold-blog480.jpg]
[Image: xENONYMOUSx.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Enon's post
(12-11-2015, 05:19 PM)Enon Wrote:
(12-11-2015, 03:21 PM)Obsidian Wrote: RIP Hot Rod Wiliams.

He was cool, but he was no Craig Ehlo.

Ehlo and Price were my boys!
There goes my 82-0 prediction
Pretty solid game tonight there Kips.

I was surprised the Cavs D stepped up and held Boston to 26% shooting in that second half. They haven't been very good on the road this year; especially on the defensive end so I'm quite surprised they won.
They fell apart in the second half. I knew Cleveland would bounce back in the third quarter. We still don't have that number one super star or a player who could close it out in the 4th. Rumors going around about Demarcus Cousins landing a spot here, personally I don't want him. Guys an asshole.
I was reading rumors the Miami Heat wanted him or Dwight. Not sure why they would want either, both are divas that don't get along with their teammates and end up being the kiss of death for a head coach.
Vintage LeBron airball when they need him the most
Vintage refs fucking the Cavs just like last year.
Can't blame the refs for playing bad. There was a play where LeBron blatantly traveled and he went to the line. Hell, even that obvious steal in the act of shooting was a foul apparently.
Its whatever. I'll care more in May/June any way.
Preview of the Eastern Conference Finals tonight at The Palace. I'd go but I'm headed to a real mans sport....WWE at Joe Louis Arena. Either way good luck Kips, should be a gooden.
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Fro's post
Cavs are getting blown out at home by the Warrriors by like 40 points, brutal.
[Image: 2qbeluq.jpg]

Good lord LOL
(12-26-2015, 01:04 AM)Obsidian Wrote: Its whatever. I'll care more in May/June any way.

I'm not saying he's the best player ever or anything. I'm not trying to throw him in the Jordan/Lebron debate that people always have. But Steph Curry might possibly be the most FUN player I've ever watched.

Every game he's in, he just does some ridiculous bullshit that ends up working. Shooting threes from damn near half court just for shits and giggles. Breaking ankles just because he can. He's like an incredible basketball player with a dash of Harlem Globetrotter sprinkled in.
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

Harden is a fuckin' bum.
[Image: c2c04223695632305d4bd74288facbbd.jpg]
Lebron/Jordan don't belong in the same debate either. If Lebron was as good as MJ, he wouldn't have had to leave Cleveland to go win a ring.
(01-19-2016, 11:16 AM)Peezy Wrote: I'm not saying he's the best player ever or anything. I'm not trying to throw him in the Jordan/Lebron debate that people always have. But Steph Curry might possibly be the most FUN player I've ever watched.

Every game he's in, he just does some ridiculous bullshit that ends up working. Shooting threes from damn near half court just for shits and giggles. Breaking ankles just because he can. He's like an incredible basketball player with a dash of Harlem Globetrotter sprinkled in.

by far the most entertaining player to watch. he plays a style that alot of us played as kids in the park where crosses and 3s reign supreme except he does it as an insanely high level nba player. hes like prime jamal crawford on steroids in a system that lets his skill set flourish and its a real treat to watch every night

warriors are a middle of the pack western conference team without Draymond tho. he the real mvp
[Image: topdogg.jpg]
The pistons beat the warriors saturday, so technically that means we're better, right?
[Image: MNE-Outlined-in-Chalk.jpg]
thats definitely the formula I use for evaluating teams
(01-19-2016, 08:22 PM)Obsidian Wrote: Lebron/Jordan don't belong in the same debate either. If Lebron was as good as MJ, he wouldn't have had to leave Cleveland to go win a ring.

If Lebron actually joined a organization with quality management and ownership, he wouldn't have had to leave that team to win rings.

Im pretty sure Cleveland is under the assumption they are just gonna have a guy come in one day and carry one of their pro teams to a championship somehow, but the sad fact is they already had that, and they couldn't put enough talent around him to make it work.
[Image: camsolo.jpg]

I'm no Lebron fan, but the first finals he made with Cleveland, had the worst supporting cast to ever make the finals. Who was the 2nd best player? Boobie Gibson? God awful. He's also a better passer and rebounder than Jordan. Lebron just isn't as tough. If you put kobe's mentals into lebron's body, he would be the best ever no question
Yeah I mean, let's be honest. Jordan wouldn't have 6 rings if he didn't have Scottie Pippen there for all of them, or Dennis Rodman there for half of them. Guys like Grant, Kukoc, and Kerr were also vital to that.

Statistically, most of Jordan's best years came in his early seasons with the Bulls. He put up great numbers, but didn't win a single championship for the first 6 years he was in Chicago. They didn't even win a single playoff series for Jordan's first 4 years. Because he didn't have a good supporting cast until Pippen and Grant showed up and even then, it took them a couple years to develop into the players and team they would become that was capable of winning championships.

Saying that Lebron wouldn't have had to leave Cleveland to get a ring is nonsense. Jordan would have never gotten a ring if he played with the same bullshit Lebron has had to deal with either. Even the greatest player in the world can't win a championship on his own.
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

When he wins in Cleveland, I'll retract my statement and glady eat crow.
that logic doesn't really make sense. Cleveland never had a good team. is what city you do it in really relevant?
lebron's career and legacy would be completely different if any other team than clevaland land that first pick. lebron carries an unrealistic burden (partially brought on by himself) to bring a championship there and its hampered even more by the owner and front office's complete incompetence to field a team around him.
He chose to come back and the current team he has in place are full of guys he lobbied for (Love, Thompson, JR, Mo;etc). 5 years ago, the "he had no surrounding cast" excuse was fine but those days are over. Either go win a championship or just call this your retirement tour.