This is the Mario Maker thread now
I need this classic Mario amiibo dropping this Friday. Help a brotha out.
[Image: uTt1eS9.png]
What killed Nintendo, Amiibo or the lack of games?
[Image: VxtCYcZ.jpg]
The couple games I have for Wii U are awesome, and Mario Maker looks great, but it took too long for them to release good games. Amiibos are apparently a huge money maker, I haven't tried to buy any of them during release before and I heard it's impossible to get them.
Yeah this classic one is going to be impossible to find probably. I have a few (One for Splatoon and 2 for Smash), but I've never gone out of my way for them. I might actually look around a bit for this one though.
[Image: 0UkGE74.gif]
My son wanted one so I let him pick one out. But I'll definitely be searching for the ones that put players into Mario Maker (like Link). I'm more excited about Mario Maker than I should be.
I'm super pumped for Mario Maker man. I can't wait till Friday.

PS - I believe almost all amiibos will be compatible with the game
im really not understanding why everyone is hyped about mario maker...
if there's grass on the field play ball, if theres no grass well play in the mud!

[Image: 552668_466045736747521_1781916417_n.jpg]
It's the Little Big Planet for Nintendo. Although they aren't adding EVERYTHING which sucks but it'll be nice to see what types of levels people make for this. I mean this type of level creators for Mario have been around for years, Nintendo just wants to finally make money off of it.
Every review I've read says that Mario Maker is the reason to own a Wii U. They start you slow and treat level building more like a game. The more you play, the more you unlock. And pretty much every single one of them stated they were excited to see what players create over the weeks and months.

I'm waiting for regular people reviews, but the 'professionals' seem to love it.
(02-09-2016, 08:11 PM)Reggie Wrote: I'm in love with Jodie sweetin's tits

(09-06-2015, 08:38 PM)Mudkips Wrote: It's the Little Big Planet for Nintendo. Although they aren't adding EVERYTHING which sucks but it'll be nice to see what types of levels people make for this.

Yeah that's the part that keeps bumming me out the more I see of it. I'm really starting to see just how much ISN'T in there. The majority of stuff I've noticed is from World though (climbable fences, those yellow blocks that come out of the walls, slopes...), so maybe it's too much work to make those things compatible with the other games.

I could definitely see some DLC here though.
I'm excited about basic stuff like someone taking the time to remake the entire first mario game but with the new Super Mario HD graphics. Little (although big task) stuff like that.
Funnily enough that's the kind of stuff I'm interested in making LOL

I figure everyone's going to be making weird shit that you'd never really see in a Mario game, but I just want to make good, traditional Mario levels lol. My first goal was to remake stages from the first game.
[+] 1 user Likes Nebraska's post
I figure everyone will make levels shaped like dicks first.
[+] 1 user Likes Mudkips's post
^^^^
The good first stages will be the ones with dicks HIDDEN in them. Obvious dicks will get taken down with immediacy. This is the Nintendo here.

THE GOOD DICKS ARE THE ONES YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT.
[Image: m2PDSh.jpg]
I work at Best Buy... IDK if we sell Amiibos though... I know we sell those silly shit infinity figures.
[Image: POSSig_zps0664a3f1.jpg]

You probably sell Amiibos. This is Nintendo we're talking about.

Yeah, I work in the mobile department, don't venture over to Video Games unless I am trying to get more shit to sell, (i.e. I'll steal their customers and sell them shit.)
[Image: POSSig_zps0664a3f1.jpg]

I didn't read all this just wanted to ask, do you have to have those little toys to fully enjoy wii games? Like you can't access features without them?
[Image: 2vab48l.png]
[Image: ShowLetter.gif]
Not at all. They really don't add much to games. I think even with Mario Maker which uses them the most, you can unlock the Amiibo abilities without the actual figures eventually.
It's mostly cosmetic stuff really. Here are just a few things I know Amiibos do:

- Add game boards to Mario Party
- Add equipment to Splatoon
- Mario Maker will allow you to put those characters in your levels (I believe anyway)

It's actually really expensive DLC now that I think about it, yet everyone seems to love the damn things.
You can buy an unofficial Amiibo now that you can program yourself with a USB cable.

I fucking hate them. Some only work for certain games and it's dumb.
[+] 1 user Likes genérico's post
Yeah game function-wise I think Amiibos suck. I've bought a few, but mainly just to have them. They're nice to look at.
I see pre orders on Walmart and target sites do they usually not go through?
[Image: 2vab48l.png]
[Image: ShowLetter.gif]
I've heard this round of amiibos are not going to be near as hard to find as they usually are.
Quote:Amazon.com

Quantities of the new characters will be limited, so we'd like to ensure that as many customers as possible have availability information. Individual characters from the latest wave will be available for purchase Friday, September 11, at these times.

Ganondorf: 1:00 p.m. PT
Zero Suit Samus: 2:00 p.m. PT
Pikmin & Olimar: 3:00 p.m. PT
30th Anniversary Mario (Classic color): 4:00 p.m. PT

We have ample quantities of each amiibo, but do expect to sell out. Please act quickly Friday afternoon for your best chance at buying the characters you want. Demand is expected to be very high, and there's no guarantee that they will remain in stock for long.

Amiibos are srs business fellas
Nintendo released a patch removing the 9 day wait to unlock Mario Maker stuff. I'm on my phone so no link. I read it on IGN.
(09-09-2015, 07:35 PM)Dubb Wrote: You can buy an unofficial Amiibo now that you can program yourself with a USB cable.

Info on this?
I did a quick search and can't find any info

**EDIT**
Nevermind I found it
http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/18/amiiq...al-amiibo/
[Image: sa1wgxW.jpg]