I can't be the only baseball guy here.
Red Sox celebrated with Frank Sinatra's New York, New York playing in the background LOL LOL LOL
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Obsidian's post
Damnit Astros

Now we have to suffer through most likely a puketastic Boston/LA championship show down.
For me the Astros repeating would be puketastic, they'll always have 2017.

If Milwaukee wins tomorrow then the series is still up in the air, if not though an LA/Boston World Series should be good and bring lots of ratings. Normally its LA and Boston in the NBA Finals but the World Series would be new territory for both teams playing against one another, which is pretty surprising since both are storied franchises.
[Image: 2qbeluq.jpg]

Also why did they say this is David Price's first post season win? Last I checked Boston won game 2 of this series which I thought he also played?

(10-19-2018, 12:21 AM)Chaos Wrote: For me the Astros repeating would be puketastic, they'll always have 2017.

If Milwaukee wins tomorrow then the series is still up in the air, if not though an LA/Boston World Series should be good and bring lots of ratings. Normally its LA and Boston in the NBA Finals but the World Series would be new territory for both teams playing against one another, which is pretty surprising since both are storied franchises.

Boston/LA markets will be the only ones who care. People don't wanna see teams in big sports markets win. Why do you think the Yankees are borderline universally hated? Same with the Cowboys, Patriots, Lakers (probably Golden State more-so recently but Oakland is still considered a smaller market), Redwings for the longest time;etc.

People loved the story of the Astros winning last year because it was your "built not bought" success storyline. Sure they got Verlander but he's also in the twilight of his career and was stuck on a team in tank mode that was forced to give him up. The core of the Astros team was built via draft, farm system, management;etc and also came the same year that their city was virtually destroyed by their largest natural disaster in its history. They, along with the Brewers, give the smaller market teams hope and a blueprint that it can be their team one day. When people see Boston/LA in a championship they just roll their eyes and say "Go figure". Kudos to you as an LA sports fan as you've lived through the kind of success than any fan would dream of (and Kips of course being a Boston sports fan) but to me it just isn't as captivating as seeing a team that was nothing the several years prior rise to the top is all.
Well its been exactly 30 years since the Dodgers last won it and I was too young to really remember that, so I have yet to really enjoy any Dodgers championship. And Houston has the 4th largest city population in the country but if you're really just counting the Astros overall success in the entire existence of that franchise then I guess you can look at them as a small market team. The Milwaukee Brewers however fit the small market label better I think.

Royals are a decent example too

Hard to believe how quickly they came crashing back down to earth.
(10-19-2018, 12:22 AM)Chaos Wrote: Also why did they say this is David Price's first post season win?  Last I checked Boston won game 2 of this series which I thought he also played?

Those don't count if he wasn't in the game long enough. This was his actual very first postseason win ever.
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
Can we stop talking about this? Thanx.
[+] 1 user Likes jabroni's post
I was expecting the Brewers to be more competitive after what happened in game 6, oh well sucks for them I guess. So the first ever LA-Boston World Series it is.

Nah. 2nd ever.
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
Oh yeah thats right they did play the 1916 World Series but that was when the Dodgers were still called the Brooklyn Robins so I hardly count it.

2nd
[Image: yU6EuHb.gif]
Roberts sucks
Rich Hill probably had to pitch all 9 innings for them to have a chance to win. Jesus.

That was definitely a Dusty Baker/Mark Pryor move
[Image: schWnB0.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Mudkips's post
(10-06-2018, 08:39 PM)Mudkips Wrote: Price is a fucking BUM

I memba!
[+] 1 user Likes Obsidian's post
wtf i love price now!
[+] 2 users Like Mudkips's post
The Price press conference was godly about him holding the trump card now. Shut the doubters down (including me).