I can't be the only baseball guy here.
Hanley's good

Thing with the Sox is that their best talent lately has been their own. What they need to do is stop trying to be the Dodgers and work with what they have. That's what the Yankees did other than Sonny Gray whom they only took because Oakland had no choice (before the Stanton trade obviously). The fact that they're in the playoffs consistently despite playing in the hardest division in the AL shows that they've got some talent. What they need to do now is stop peaking so early and start focusing on what lineups work best for what and for whom and if they can move some of the higher contracts to free up space at the same time they will be in good shape to get where they really could be.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
I'm already chalking up the 2018 season as a lost cause. Yankees outplayed them on both sides of the floor with the talent and firing Girardi at the right time after Sox sign Cora.

PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
Awe. Poor Boston fan. Must really suck
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Opitiplex's post
Nice @ Indians signing Yonder Alonso

I was little sad to see Carlos Santana go as well as he's played the last couple of years but I'm happy with that signing. Hopefully Bruce can get an extension and they finally pull the plug on Brantley.
(12-19-2017, 01:48 AM)Mudkips Wrote: I'm already chalking up the 2018 season as a lost cause. Yankees outplayed them on both sides of the floor with the talent and firing Girardi at the right time after Sox sign Cora.

PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE

[Image: dombrowski.gif]
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Fro's post
Pirates trade Cole for peanuts. Sad!
[Image: 6bjNXMu.gif]
At least the Yankees didn’t get him
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
(01-13-2018, 07:07 PM)kush Wrote: Pirates trade Cole for peanuts. Sad!

And where did Cole go....? Smile
And the Indians let Bruce go back to the Mets

Good talk!
Pirates giving away the bank trading Cutch.

I'll never understand that team.
[+] 1 user Likes Obsidian's post
The owners a cheapskate.
Angels have had a pretty solid off season so far. Re-signing Justin Upton, trading for Ian Kinsler, signing Zack Cozart and then winning the Shohei Ohtani lottery. Should be a fun season to watch hopefully.

Also there's rumors they could be in on Yu Darvish. Would be nice to pair him with Ohtani. Id be happy with Lance Lynn or Alex Cobb though
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22255...o-uniforms

Great. Looks like my team is the first to surrender in the PC War and give the Milennials a hard fought victory Roll Eyes
Wait

Isnt your team the Reds?
[+] 3 users Like kush's post
Was until they started trading my favorite players away and making it evident that they dont care about the fans.

Sounds like someone else's team I know Drphil
Im not gonna start cheering for the Phillies though.....
[+] 1 user Likes kush's post
Why would you? They do the exact same thing
I was listening to Buster Olney right after the Cutch trade and he was saying at least a 3rd of the league is actively trying not to win. Pirates and Reds are definitely in that 3rd.
Heh!

The Reds haven't been trying to win since 1994
Pretty sure they were trying a few years ago when they made the playoffs
That was just so the fans would shut up. If they had really been trying to win it all, they wouldn't have brought Dusty on board. The Nats learned that one the hard way too.
Manfred shoots down the idea of a pitch clock in 2018. If a game goes to 2h55m or less there won't be one in 2019 as well. What is this man thinking lads? I guess I'll throw on a baseball game for background noise now rite
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]