CM Punk Officially signs with UFC
Agag

He just announced it on UFC 181

I look forward to watching him get knocked out.
....I just posted in the Punk thread saying that I didn't think this would happen and he'd probably get killed. And now it's actually happening?! The fuck?!
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

He's gonna bleed so good.
Yeah. I mean, I'm a huge Punk fan. So I'll be rooting for him. But he's gonna get his shit kicked in unless he starts out fighting complete amateur nobodies.

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
I wish him well but I don't really see a weight class that he can have any success in.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
They dont care if he sucks it up in there..They just see a couple of huge buy rates..which there will be.

I hope he succeeds but I think 36 is a bit late to enter professional MMA in general let alone in the UFC.
I hope he succeeds too, atleast against the lower ranks, but he wouldn't stand a chance at the top.

CM Punk probably saw that Dana White TMZ interview and was like, aight, paycheck time.
[Image: camsolo.jpg]

Do we know that he is going to be fighting?
Signing with the UFC to do commentary/interviewing/some sort of show is still signing with the UFC...
keep in mind I didn't see the actual announcement and I'm just hearing about this from Facebook and here... So correct me if I'm wrong...
[Image: sa1wgxW.jpg]
The camera hit punk and he said "Hey UFC fans, this is CM Punk and I will see YOU in the octagon, 2015."

He was specific. He's fighting.

Sucks for him that he cant come in and use size/speed advantage in a chopped up weight class that was the Heavyweight Divison when Brock was around, I would love to see CM Punk reach greater UFC heights than Brock did, regardless of the time frame since there is no way CM Punk goes to the top of his weight class and wins as quickly as Brock did, but still, WWE will be begging him to come back eventually if he succeeds in UFC

It's a multi fight deal.
Too much for an unproven guy who has shown no remote sign of prior experience that he could succeed in the sport this late. Not sure about this decision other than as a ratings ploy.
It's all on CM Punk.

We all know exactly why Dana signed Punk, look at interviews going back to Feb.

a guy asked Dana at a fight about CM Punk being interested in being a MMA fighter and mentioned his age and Dana said "35 is a bit late to get into the game, and who even knows if he can fight"

2 days ago TMZ interviews Dana, and he said again "Who even knows if he can fight?"

Dana doesn't care what happens, its all up to CM Punk, he gets his shot though.

Dana said he's starting out like everyone else, Brock got the title fight in his 4th fight because his gold medal NCAA wrestling. Punk will start out fighting nobodies and working up....or so Dana said.
CM Punk will get the same treatment, he wins 1 of his first 2 fights, they'll advance him quicker just cause he's a bigger draw, and Dana is known for saying shit as short as weeks prior and then going back on them.

The Dana White Timeline

I hope he goes middle weight and fights Bisping. It would be a true womens mma fight.
On a related note, FUCK YES, LAWLER WON.
More of a boxing fan, but ill watch this... streaming of course. Lol
guess his body isn't that banged up after all.

FUCKING FAKING BABY QUITTER BITCH.

RYBAAAAACK RUUUUUULES.

[Image: 2weeypw.gif]
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

And he thought Ryback fought hurty..... Wink

Good on Punk. Does he have any fighting background? Or is he going to be starting from scratch? Win or Lose, I'm sure it will be a huge ratings draw for UFC.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
I think he's too old physically speaking, to do very well. Injuries and years of non stop wrestling....he can fight and he's better at that than I think people know, but submissions is what he has to worry about, and I think that'll fuck him
[Image: goodbye-748987.jpg]
you're going to be okay, thats what's going to happen. everything's okay.
we're right here beside you, we won't let you slip away.
plan for tomorrow, cause we swear to you, you're going to be okay.
Submissions?he had the anaconda vice
[Image: MNE-Outlined-in-Chalk.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Reggie's post
(12-07-2014, 02:40 AM)I Am Not Avery Wrote: And he thought Ryback fought hurty..... Wink

Good on Punk. Does he have any fighting background? Or is he going to be starting from scratch? Win or Lose, I'm sure it will be a huge ratings draw for UFC.

well there is a difference between going into a fight expecting a guy to kick your shit in and wrestling where you expect your opponent to protect you and because he was brought in too early he accidently kicks your shit when you're not expecting it.
(12-07-2014, 02:45 AM)ASP Wrote: I think he's too old physically speaking, to do very well. Injuries and years of non stop wrestling....he can fight and he's better at that than I think people know, but submissions is what he has to worry about, and I think that'll fuck him

Punk has been training in BJJ with the Gracies for quite a while now. If he gets in a submission scuffle I think hr will be okay, or at least hold his own.

I'm worried he is gonna get KTFO in less than 15 seconds.
[Image: POSSig_zps0664a3f1.jpg]

The thing about Punk is that he thrives on challenges. He's probably relishing the fact that everyone thinks he's going to get murdered.

If his fight is in 6 months, he's probably going to spend every single day of that 6 months training his ass off to prove everybody wrong.

I'm using my OG ROH PUNK knowledge when I say he can hold his own in a fight, that's why I say him getting GTS' D in 15 seconds isn't a concern imo
[Image: goodbye-748987.jpg]
you're going to be okay, thats what's going to happen. everything's okay.
we're right here beside you, we won't let you slip away.
plan for tomorrow, cause we swear to you, you're going to be okay.
Inb4 skinny fat ass
I should probably put this here since the MMA Thread over in the Sports thread is buried somewhere because Ceallach/Optic have been MIA.

I'm just not a big fan of attempting to convert professional wrestlers/athletes into MMA fighters. I understand that Brock Lesnar isn't just the exception but the rule to this but to casual MMA fans who don't follow the sport it is arguably the hardest sport to succeed in and the reason I say that is because it is literally littered with guys who are just above and beyond their time who continue to help the sport grow. For example: in an actual competition, a black belt certainly helps give you a strong advantage. In UFC/MMA, it's only a preliminary qualification compared to the skills of the rest of the competition.

Everything from the training to the weight stability to the level of competition is just beyond what most can comprehend and I think that's what people fail to understand when they look at some very solid athlete and say "Oh he would be a great MMA fighter". Mike Tyson actually said it best when he said that as much as he loves the world of boxing, he doesn't feel any of them would ever prosper in UFC (mind you that this is the same guy who before his career faltered was time at 2 FULL punches per second). I don't blame Dana for signing him or giving him a chance for that matter but I don't like the reasoning behind it. I feel that competitors who make it that far should at least have a few amateur fights under their belt or at least 1 or 2.