Official Raw is BOOOOOOOOOOOOO thread
Edge would have been considered the best of that era had it not been for the talents of Angle/Eddie/HBK even beyond his prime. You still technically could if you're looking at what he did in that time span. Nobody was more over than him as both face and heel.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Ok, so my timeline was wrong on when Eddie and Benoit died, but it still doesn't change that he only got all those title reigns because most of the main eventers either left or got injured/suspended for drugs and there was no one else to feud with Cena.
[Image: il_570xN.711877764_jggh.jpg]
Don't be a cuck, be a sick fuck instead at http://thesfu.net/forums/
He and Cena were on different shows. You're just plain wrong.
[Image: Chaos.png]

Just for example, Edge had his first title reigns in 2004.

Goldberg, Lesnar, Benoit, HBK, HHH, Undertaker, Scott Steiner, and Kurt Angle were ALL still active.

Didn't he get his first title cashing in on Cena? That was 06 and they spent most of that year trading the belt back and forth on RAW until he got Kennedy's MITB and cashed in on Undertaker in 07 to go to SD. And btw half those guys you listed were gone by then.
(01-28-2014, 11:28 PM)hedgehogg96 Wrote: Didn't he get his first title cashing in on Cena? That was 06 and they spent the next 2 years trading the belt back and forth on RAW. And half those guys you listed were gone by then.

Batista, Undertaker, Big Show, Angle, Cena, Jericho, HBK, HHH and Orton were all active during most of Edge's title reigns.
WWE CHAMPIONSHIP (4 times)

-1/8/2006, New Year's Revolution: def. John Cena
-7/3/2006, RAW: def. Rob Van Dam & John Cena in a Triple Threat Match
-11/23/08, Survivor Series: def. Triple H
-1/25/09, Royal Rumble: def. Jeff Hardy

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP (5 times)
-5/8/07, Friday Night SmackDown: def. Undertaker
-12/16/07, Armageddon: def. Batista (champion) and Undertaker in a Triple Threat Match
-6/01/08, One Night Stand: def. Undertaker
-2/15/09, No Way Out: def. John Cena (champion) and four other Superstars in an Elimination Chamber Match.
-4/26/09, Night of Champions: def. John Cena

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/...tlehistory
[Image: 21cyopi.jpg]
(01-28-2014, 11:31 PM)Obsidian Wrote:
(01-28-2014, 11:28 PM)hedgehogg96 Wrote: Didn't he get his first title cashing in on Cena? That was 06 and they spent the next 2 years trading the belt back and forth on RAW. And half those guys you listed were gone by then.

Batista, Undertaker, Big Show, Angle, Cena, Jericho, HBK, HHH and Orton were all active during most of Edge's title reigns.

[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
Angle left in 06, the year he won his first belt, so no. Everyone else was either on different shows or feuding with other people, hence the circumstances that lucked him into a "HOF career".
[+] 1 user Likes hedgehogg96's post
(01-28-2014, 11:36 PM)hedgehogg96 Wrote: Angle left in 06, the year he won his first belt, so no. Everyone else was either on different shows or feuding with other people, hence the circumstances that lucked him into a "HOF career".

Well by that logic, I guess HBK lucked into a HOF career given that the only other "main eventers" during his main title reign were Bret Hart, Psycho Sid and Austin who didn't win the title until HBK left to have surgery.
i still agree with hedgehogg.

there's nothing wrong with liking edge.

he had good matches. had decent promos and everything.

he just didn't scream world champ material to me...that's all. it's not like i hate him or anything.

i totally acknowledge that he was good. but so were other people who aren't HOF worthy.
[+] 1 user Likes User Name's post
Im with you hedgehog. Fuck those mark ass bustas.
[+] 1 user Likes Wiggz's post
Disliking him is fair. Saying he's not HOF worthy is just foolishness. How do you say a guy who has held every major title in WWE, won the first MITB and won a KOTR is not HOF worthy?
is billy gunn HOF worthy?

he's a KOTR winner Tongue
I don't recall Billy Gunn being HW champion once, let alone 9 times.

This argument is now just getting silly. Saying a 9-time world heavyweight champion doesn't belong in the WWE HOF is like saying a 9-time pro-bowler and a Super Bowl champion football player doesn't belong in the pro-football HOF. Disliking him is all fine with me but dismissing his accomplishments because you feel he was simply "part of an era" is just ridiculous. Bruno Sammartino had FAR less competition than Edge did for his job yet he's considered by many the greatest champion of all-time. Foolishness is what this is.
No, HBK had a HOF career because he was awesome for about 10 years, had a career ending injury, then came back and was even better for another 10 years. Edge is an upper mid card tag wrestler who got lucky because most of the established guys were leaving and they didn't have enough main eventers to split between the 2 brands and he stayed healthy enough and out of trouble to keep his spot until he finally had to retire, which is why everyone now looks at his career with rose colored glasses and think he's the greatest thing ever when he really wasn't. Again I never said he sucked, hell I actually liked him for most of his run, I just don't think he deserves to be looked at as a HOF wrestler, especially giving it to him immediately after he retired.
Outlaws will be in the HoF one day. They will eventually run low on talent
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
Billy Gunn was with the company for 11 years and had hot runs with The Gunns, NAO and a notable angle with Chuck. Billy Gunn is 100% HoF worthy

Is Edge hall of fame worthy? Maybe. But that conversation should be had 20 years from now. Hes already in. Thats retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Wiggz's post
I wouldnt put him in my wrestling hall of fame. Thats all I can say.
I'm gonna blow all your minds, I was just told that Johnny Grunge is Bray Wyatt.
[Image: 2vab48l.png]
[Image: ShowLetter.gif]
I'm not knocking Billy or the NAO but it was the mere idea that 1 KOTR title was being compared to a full list of Edge's accomplishments. That's just plain silly.

Hedge-I agree with you on the HBK love. He's one of my favorites of all-time. I was referring to the fact that the only reason you seem to be smiting Edge's accomplishments and stating he is not a HOFer is only because of the "lack of talent around him". I pointed out that HBK who is regarded as one of the greatest in-ring performers of all-time had much less talent around him at the time of his championship reign than Edge. Edge still had Angle/Orton/Cena/Jericho/Batista/Undertaker fully active at the time of his reign.

The only reason Angle ever left in the first place was because he decided that doing drugs was more important than completing one of the greatest WWE careers of all-time. Nobody anticipated him leaving at the time that Edge was beginning his championship run until it became clear that he wasn't sobering up as he was asked and he became a liability. You can't fault that on Edge one bit. Angle was bounced because of his own stupidity. You also keep forgetting that this was the height of Cena's popularity as he was quickly becoming the most popular star in WWE. He and Edge had classic feuds with each other and exchanged championships several times. Also, you forget to mention Jeff Hardy's return which went over huge with fans and then he did what he always did and turned back to his old fuck-up ways.

It seems to me like your history is a little off or you're just looking at the time frame and just saying "Well..no Eddie, Lesnar, Austin or Benoit..yeah fuck the guy!"
(01-29-2014, 12:02 AM)KidEx Wrote: I'm gonna blow all your minds, I was just told that Johnny Grunge is Bray Wyatt.

No. That guys not even alive.
Are you saying my source is inaccurate?!
Your source might be a dum dum.
I knew I needed a new source. I wish the wcw hotline was still around
(01-28-2014, 11:46 PM)Obsidian Wrote: I don't recall Billy Gunn being HW champion once, let alone 9 times.

This argument is now just getting silly. Saying a 9-time world heavyweight champion doesn't belong in the WWE HOF is like saying a 9-time pro-bowler and a Super Bowl champion football player doesn't belong in the pro-football HOF. Disliking him is all fine with me but dismissing his accomplishments because you feel he was simply "part of an era" is just ridiculous. Bruno Sammartino had FAR less competition than Edge did for his job yet he's considered by many the greatest champion of all-time. Foolishness is what this is.

My argument was more that he shouldn't have been a 9 time champion in the first place(and I actually think he had 10-12 which is more ridiculous). And like Wiggz said, yea he accomplished a lot and could be considered for the HOF, but it shouldn't have been for at least another 5-10 years.

And your analogy would only work if that football player was in the pro bowl 9 times because half the league got injured/suspended most of those years and the year his team wins the superbowl he gets a career ending injury in the 1st quarter and they do the HOF celebration at half time.
I was never an Edge-Head either but he won me over with the Live Sex Celebration. I also watched his dvd documentary and he seems like a cool ass dude......when he's not plowing your girlfriend.
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
JRJRJR
and really in the beginning that sparked the whole HOF thing. i was just saying that there are dudes who were good that aren't HOF worthy...like won't be seeing them in there, like edge is.

example:
shelton benjamin

that's all

and will, the billy gunn thing was a joke. i figured you'd realize that Smile