Official Anthem Owl Wrestling Federation Impact Zone Thread
Quote:-The biggest concern amongst TNA talent pertains to the live event schedule. One source estimated that half the talent roster is working on a per night deal, and the concern is that many of those wrestlers would not be able to make it financially if the company goes with a reduced live event schedule in 2014. The issue was not addressed during the talent meeting that was held on Thursday in Salt Lake City prior to Impact.

-The mood regarding TNA taking the television show back to Orlando at Universal Studios was well received. The feeling within the locker room is that it was obviously a financial burden on the company, which has led to many of the financial issues.

-The payroll issue has improved. The word in the locker room is that the company was late paying a couple of performers last month, but for the most part the talent reported being paid on time.

-Jeff Jarrett and Joseph Park have been doing agent work. Park is doing a lot of producing of the non-wrestling, in-ring segments along with Jason Hervey.

-The buzz within the company is that there will be a Genesis pay-per-view despite the fact that it's not listed on the TNA website. The assumption is that it will be held at Universal Studios.

[Image: dFuaqKG.jpg]
(10-28-2013, 05:29 PM)Phenom Wrote: I've no faith in Bischoff's ability to successfully run TNA anywhere but further into the ground...

[Image: 2zxDa-63bw4-1.gif?height=400&password=aS...&width=400]
My feeling is that the dude probably hasn't learned from his mistakes. If anything, he probably blames other people or circumstances for the eventual collapse of WCW and not his own responsibilities. Not that it was entirely his fault by any means, but still.

But hey, maybe he'd prove us wrong.
Bischoff had enough creative control at TNA to prove he has what it takes, and he didn't.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
Quote:Fighting Spirit Magazine editor Brian Elliott recently spoke with WrestlingNewsSource about the news of TNA possibly being sold by The Carter Family.
Elliott reveals that the Carter family has been trying to sell the company for some time and mentioned that they are open to selling it to just a handful of people rather then making the sale public. Here is an excerpt from their story:

"The Carter family has been open to receiving offers for TNA for several months. There are a select number of business people on the inside to whom this has been made clear. You have to understand that it's not like the company is going to be listed on eBay; keeping the fact that they are open to selling TNA to a small number of potentially interested parties keeps the price that the Carters can get for it at a much higher level than if they went public that the company was for sale. If someone does make a bid, that information will then be leaked in certain quarters, in the hope of starting a bidding war that would raise the price further. Like with Fusient Media's attempted purchase of WCW, if someone comes in with a bid, we'll soon know about it."

One thing I never understood about the IWC is why they want so much for TNA to fail. For the last 10 years people have said they only had one more year, and they continue to be wrong because Smarks are fucking morons. As a wrestling fan, wouldn't you want everyone to be a success?
[Image: vlcsnap-2012-05-29-08h48m26s216.jpg]
In defense of smarks like myself, TNA has only been alive as long as it has because of the Carter's willingness to pour money into it and keep it afloat. On its own merits, TNA has never been a profitable company that could sustain itself without outside financial backing. I think most people assumed that after nearly a decade of basically setting their money on fire, the Carter's would eventually get tired of it. But seemingly not (until now, if rumors are true).

But make no mistake: if the Carter family pulled their money today, TNA would be out of business tomorrow. So for a decade, they've been on the edge of the cliff, left at the whims of rich people with money to burn. It's not unreasonable for smarks to assume that the company was heading towards death every time ratings sunk. You have to assume they were gonna get tired of funding a losing venture sooner or later. And the writing on the wall has never been clearer than it is now.

As for wanting to see them fail...I'm torn. I want there to be alternatives to WWE out there. And I hate to see people lose jobs or have limited places to work.

But on the other hand, if a company has ever deserved to go out of business, it's TNA. For too long now, they have been a textbook example of how NOT to run a wrestling company. They will never be competition for Vince. They're barely a viable place to work for the people who are there, since paychecks have been late and events are being cancelled.

I love animals. But sometimes, you just have to put a sick dog out of its misery. TNA is a sick grandmother living in a hospice on life support that just refuses to take her last ragged breath. It's time. It's been time for a long time.
It doesn't strike you as being a bit dumb that you are making all these assumptions about a company you know nothing about outside of what dirtsheets tell you to believe? I mean, it's no better than forming your opinions because Chris Matthews and Sean Hannity tell you what to think.
It's not just dirt sheets. Wrestlers who work there have admitted in interviews that checks are late. They've cancelled countless shows. They just came off the road because it's a money-losing venture and are going back to the Impact Zone. Ratings haven't budged an inch in 5 years unless they were going down. Their biggest PPV of the year didn't even fill up the lower level seats.

Even the most optimistic TNA employees have been giving interviews trying to spin it as a "rebuilding" and "cost cutting" which anyone who knows anything about business knows is corporate lingo for "shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic." Ask Blackberry how their cost cutting and rebuilding has been going.

I'm not necessarily saying TNA is about to die. After investing as much money into it as they have, the Carter's aren't going to just abandon it. They'll sell the company to try and recoup some of their losses. And if they sell it to someone who has a better vision, maybe they'll survive and even thrive.

Or maybe they'll sell it to Vince. And if that happens, they're dead.
I agree with Peezy. I want TNA to succeed on one hand because I want awesome competition for the WWE to make the business better. On the other hand TNA is terrible and the awesome wrestlers they have are wasting years of their careers on shit and pretty much doing it for a paycheck.
[Image: 1313106612668_edit0.jpg]
Sal is a bitch juffalo
[Image: l_73652b81556a3c0c4a9cd10db405d260.gif]

See, but it's still dumb. Every company in any industry struggles at first. It's rare for them to get it right from the get go. Why should it be any different for TNA? It makes zero sense other than sucking Vince's dick to want them to fail. Is it really wrong for the Carters to put money into something they believe in while the IWC works their retail jobs at Target and post at Reddit in their off time?
They've had 10 years and some of the most amazing talent in the business not to mention a good television spot and shit loads of money. All that and they still suck.

On the other hand you have NXT which WWE barley puts any money or production into atleast compared to what's put into TNA, that has no namers for the most part with varrying talent, and its the best wrestling show on TV.

I barley follow TNA except on here but that give it time shit is bull. They've had 10+ years and everything you need to make a successful wrestling show and they flushed it down the toilet.
[Image: 1313106612668_edit0.jpg]
Sal is a bitch juffalo
[Image: l_73652b81556a3c0c4a9cd10db405d260.gif]

Yeah. 10 Years is hardly starting out.

Face it. WWE is Pro Wrestling now. there will probably never be another legit competitor.

I supported TNA more than anyone I know. They're already dead to me. Have been for years. I'd rather see low card AJ Styles in wwe, than I would main eventer in tna.
It's not like people are just arbitrarily hating on TNA. It's because they have sucked for so long and have squandered every opportunity. No one is calling for the death of ROH or PWG or any other indie. It's just TNA.

The company has AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Sting, Jeff Hardy, Austin Aries, the Dudleys, Christopher Daniels, etc. They should be doing much more.
[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]

^^^

(10-30-2013, 12:14 AM)SalsaShark Wrote: See, but it's still dumb. Every company in any industry struggles at first. It's rare for them to get it right from the get go. Why should it be any different for TNA? It makes zero sense other than sucking Vince's dick to want them to fail. Is it really wrong for the Carters to put money into something they believe in while the IWC works their retail jobs at Target and post at Reddit in their off time?

Like others have said, this isn't "at first." This has been stupid decision after stupid decision for a decade and counting.

I don't want WWE to be the only big dog in the yard. Far from it. The only reason I want to see TNA fail is because I want to see something else come along and take its place that can do better. I want to see a company that has a clue. I want to see a company that doesn't repeat the EXACT SAME MISTAKES with the EXACT SAME PEOPLE that put WCW out of business in 2001.

The only way that's going to happen is to burn TNA to the ground and start with something new. Because the current TNA is just not salvageable. Even the name is poisoned in the eyes of most wrestling fans now. So they either need to just shut down entirely and let someone else try to start a new company. Or they need to sell it to someone who will go in, replace half the roster, most of the people working backstage, change the name, change the financial structure and rebuild the entire thing as a totally new company with a new vision. And I don't mean just slap a coat of paint on it like they kept trying to do in the dying days of WCW and "reboot" or whatever.

Like I said, I don't generally root for people to fail. But after awhile, when a company makes so many terrible decisions that aren't just terrible for themselves, but are often insulting to the few remaining fans who are supporting them, it's hard to not just sit back and go, "Yanno, fuck this company."
The last thing I want to see is TNA failing. But they do deserve to.

In all honesty, Panda Energy buying that company is the worst thing that could've happened to it. They got too big too fast, brought in guys like Hogan and Bischoff...

I wish the Jarrett's would've remained in control, because what they were doing at least made sense.
[Image: POSSig_zps0664a3f1.jpg]

Panda started backing tna almost immediately. What the jarretts were doing wasn't working and they were about to be out of business within the first couple months. They let the jarretts still run things until much later. I wish things would have stayed the way they were when Scott Dmore was booking in 05 because that was tna's high point
Oh, I didn't know that. I meant the pre Spike TV era. Getting that deal made it so they had to grow, and they "grew" too fast... As is obvious by the fact that they can't draw half of an arena's worth of people to their biggest show of the year.
[Image: POSSig_zps0664a3f1.jpg]

Panda started backing them when TNA's original financial backer (a company called HealthSouth Corporation) pulled their funding after the first 6 months. If Panda Energy hadn't stepped in, they wouldn't have made it through the first year.

For what it's worth, Dixie's hot.

[Image: Dixiecarter_salinas.jpg]
(10-30-2013, 07:49 PM)Phenom Wrote: As is obvious by the fact that they can't draw half of an arena's worth of people to their biggest show of the year.

I'm pretty sure a few years ago they weren't having the attendance problems they are having now at their PPVs.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
Quote:- The actual paid attendance for TNA Bound For Glory was 2,622 but there were 3,000 fans in the building so TNA didn't paper that much.

- According to various cable industry sources, Bound For Glory looks to have been down about 15% from last year, which would indicate around 17,000 buys.

- There are a lot of stories going around about TNA being for sale but there are indeed serious talks going on behind the scenes. There is a potential buyer that has been looking at the company. Representatives for the potential new owners have been at TNA's offices recently. Talk of a potential sale has been going on for months but has reached a serious enough point where things are at a significant stage.

2600 paid fans and 17,000 PPV buys for TNA's biggest show of the year. Vince would hang himself if he ever saw numbers like that.
Supposedly they are happy with that number since that's what a WWE house show did recently at the same place.

"Our Wrestlemania drew the same as their house show! Yay!"
NoDQ pointed out that not only was it a house show, it was one main evented by Curtis Axel vs Kofi Kingston

I stopped watching TNA for about a year. Still don't watch the PPV but started watching Impact again about 6 months ago. They had all the build up Aces and then just.... blah

Now it's Mr. Kennedy vs Bubba Ray and AJ is doing his version of Stone Cold vs Vince and it couldn't be any worse.
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
They've got AJ doing the EXACT same story as Summer of Punk in 2011. AJ wins the title and leaves the company with it, while Dixie is all pissed. The only thing TNA is doing right is they actually are letting AJ defend the title in other companies, which I gotta admit, is pretty cool. But otherwise, it's just blatantly ripped from WWE.
Quote:Regarding TNA being for sale, Prowrestling.net is now reporting that there is indeed a person who has serious interest in TNA. This person is described as someone fans would know and someone that may surprise us. The party who is interested in buying TNA reportedly has money behind them and was described as intelligent. TNA doesn't necessarily have a "for sale" sign up but they are listening to this potential buyer and others. There are also rumors that a major celebrity may be interested in purchasing TNA.

Okay, let's start speculating.
Howard Stern