NSFW UFC on Fox 12: Lawler v Brown
Tons of shit always going on in the world of MMA.

-Bellator matched Eddie Alvarez's UFC offer. Dana White said things are going to get ugly as they fight over the specifics of whether that is true or not. Either way, Eddie is on the shelf for awhile until this gets sorted out.

-Daniel Cormier challenged Frank Mir for a fight for UFC on Fox 7 on 4/20 for his UFC debut. But Black Fedor has to get past Dion Staring first.

-Tyson Fury, clearly not familiar with the James Toney-Randy Couture fight a few years back, is calling out Cain Velasquez. Referring to him as a midget, saying he'll fight him anywhere and anyhow.

-Despite MMA being illegal in NYC, Zuffa have booked MSG for October.

-Tomorrow night is Invicta's first ever PPV card. Invicta FC 4 featuring the following:
Main Card

115 lb. title: Carla Esparza () vs. Bec Hyatt ()
135 lbs.: Shayna Baszler () vs. Alexis Davis ()
135 lbs.: Leslie Smith () vs. Raquel Pennington ()
135 lbs.: Amanda Nunes () vs. Sarah D'Alelio ()
145 lbs.: Ediane Gomes () vs. Hiroko Yamanaka ()
115 lbs.: Joanne Calderwood () vs. Livia Von Plettenberg ()

Preliminary Card

105 lbs.: Stephanie Frausto () vs. Cassie Rodish ()
145 lbs.: Tamikka Brents () vs. Amanda Bell ()
105 lbs.: Liz McCarthy () vs. Jodie Esquibel ()
115 lbs.: Emily Kagan () vs. Rose Namajunas ()
115 lbs.: Tecia Torres () vs. Paige VanZant ()
145 lbs.: Katalina Malungahu () vs. Veronica Rothenhausler
105 lbs.: Laura Marcusse-Sanko () vs. Cassie Robb ()

Looking forward to this card, the first 3 events have been excellent and $7.95 is a solid price. I do expect the UFC to absolutely pillage their BW division though.
[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Ceallach's post
You forgot Mike Goldberg taking indefinite time off and checking into rehab.

But yeah, ton of shit going down. I hope Eddie doesn't get stuck in Bellator, but it looks like it's going to happen.

Cormier will wipe the mat with Mir.

If UFC at MSG actually happens, I'm there.

Will be watching Invicta.

Another tidbit of recent news that I enjoy, is that if Aldo beats Frankie (he will) he's moving to Lightweight. Aldo not having to cut = scary. Opening up of the FW division = awesome.
[Image: 1610204.gif]
Fuck Mike Goldberg. That just means I don't have to listen to him struggle pronouncing the word prodigy 100 times a night. We'll probably see Mauro Ranallo move over to the Fuel shows now I would think.

Aldo at LW will be interesting. I wonder if he will vacate or try to be a dual champ. Either way, a match with Bendo will be interesting.

Invicta 4 was a great card if you're into MMA. Carla Esparza and Bec Hyatt put on a great fight with Carla taking the inaugural Invicta straweight belt.

Over at MMA fghting, there is an awesome two-part interview with Dan Severn:
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/6/3837...ompetition
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/7/3842...of-peoples

Dan reflects on his amatuer wrestling career, pro career and everything. Super, super cool.

I love this thread.
[Image: 10-girls-sexy-funny-gifs.gif]
The precision of this thread is very precise.

So BFC are FUCKING Eddie Alvarez hard. They are suing him for not resigning. They say he is obligated since they matched the UFC's offer, but he says they didn't match it at all. The big hangup is PPV points and bonuses apparently, with BFC saying there is no guarantee he is going fight on PPV.

So Showtime is looking for a new MMA promotion to partner up with after Strikeforce shutters. Shark Fights, Legacy Fighting Championship, Invicta FC and Xtreme Fighting Championships are the frontrunners. I doubt Invicta since it's all WMMA and they wouldn't have as broad appeal. XFC and LFC are both on AXS and Shark Fights havent had an event in over a year. Shark Fights, while having the stupidest name in MMA, have the most mainstream appeal with Bobby Lashley being their HWC. But again, they held 0 events in 2012, so I doubt they are too stable and what fighters are even under contract. If I were to bet, I would put my money on XFC, as Nick Newell just made news everywhere for winning their LWC title despite having one arm.

Raise your hand if you're surprised Strikeforce went out with a whimper rather than a bang.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
At least they are getting a final event. More than PRIDE got.

The card is stacked too

Marquardt/Tarec
Cormier/Staring
Barney/Nandor
Gegard/Mike Kyle
Jacare/Ed Herman
Not as stacked as it was, I would love to have seen Rockhold/Larkin and Melendez/Healy. Still a solid card though.

I can live without those as long as I get to see a Barney Sub, a Cormier TKO and Jacare show another Team Quest member that knowing how to wrestle doesn't mean you're going to last all 3 rounds.
Yeah, it's looking to be a bad couple of months coming up for Quest between this and Chael Sonnen's impending execution.

What's even worse is now Hendo wants a shot at Chael.
Yeah, like anyone believes he has a chance in hell against Bones. If Bones has a heart attack in ring and Chael gets a TKO awarded and Hendo gets past Machida, I don't see Chael putting up much defense against the H-bombs

*Raises hand*

Strikeforce was the shit. Surprised they are going out like this. Cormier and Barnett are fighting worse cans then they would on a Dream card.

I remember when SF peaked, shit was a fun time. Glad I got to attend Fedor vs Rogers and Fedor vs Hendo. Those events were ridiculous to see live. Best events I've ever attended.

Also, big heads-up. Showtime is free this weekend for all, so no streaming needed.

Hendo would murder Chael. After he gets through Machida it's time for his shot against Jones. If he loses against Machida, they will make that Chael fight though

Anybody here attending Fox 6 in Chicago this month, or 157 in Anaheim next month? I'll be at both. If any of you fucks are going, let's get drunk.
No, I'll beat 159 in AC though.

TUF Season 17 cast has been revealed

Dylan Andrews (16-4-1), 32, Gold Coast, Australia (by way of New Zealand)
Kito Andrews (9-2), 34, Sacramento, Calif.
Luke Barnatt (5-0), 24, Cambridge, England
Leo Bercier (7-2), 31, Great Falls, Mont.
Ryan Bigler (9-3), 28, Yona, Guam
Kevin Casey (5-2), Hawthorne, Calif.
Adam Cella (4-0), 27, Fenton, Mo.
Zach Cummings (15-3), 28, Kansas City, Mo.
Andy Enz (6-1), 21, Anchorage, Alaska
Nik Fekete (5-1), 32, Las Vegas
Kelvin Gastelum (5-0), 20, Yuma, Ariz.
Uriah Hall (7-2), 28, New York City (by way of Jamaica)
Collin Hart (4-1-1), 23, Santa Rosa, Calif.
Clint Hester (7-3), 25, Atlanta
Jake Heun (3-2), 25, Salt Lake City
Mike Jasper (6-0), 29, Camarillo, Calif.
Nicholas Kohring (3-0), 22, Valley Springs, Calif.
Robert "Bubba" McDaniel (20-6), 29, Albuquerque, N.M.
Fraser Opie (10-5), 29, Milton Keynes, England (by way of South Africa)
Mike Persons (3-0), 28, Manteca, Calif.
Jimmy Quinlan (3-0), 26, Metheun, Mass.
Scott Rosa (4-1), 26, Sparks, Nev.
Joshua Samman (9-2), 24, Tallahassee, Fla.
Gilbert Smith Jr. (5-1), Colorado Springs, Colo.
Eldon Sproat (3-1), 27, Molokai, Hawaii
Tor Troeng (15-4-1), 29, Umea, Sweden
Eric Wahlin (5-1), 29, Taylorsville, Utah
Timothy Williams (7-1), 26, Millville, N.J.

Immediately this cast strikes me as it is both older than usual and full of fighters who are known on the regional circuits.

The most interesting here is Kevin Casey, who was thrown out of Kron Gracie's academy for promoting himself to black belt. He also formerly fought in the Strikeforce Challengers series. He fucking sucks and is annoying as shit. Here's his sweet ass video:

Uriah Hall >
Just looked him up. He's on a lot of scouting lists as one of the best up and coming middleweight.

Final Strikeforce tomorrow night.

Main Card (Showtime at 10:00 p.m. ET)
Nate Marquardt vs. Tarec Saffiedine
Daniel Cormier vs. Dion Staring
Josh Barnett vs. Nandor Guelmino
Mike Kyle vs. Gegard Mousasi
Ed Herman vs. Ronaldo Souza

Showtime Extreme prelims
Pat Healy vs. Kurt Holobaugh
Roger Gracie vs. Anthony Smith
Tim Kennedy vs. Trevor Smith
Ryan Couture vs. K.J. Noons

Un-aired prelims
Jorge Gurgel vs. Adriano Martins
Michael Bravo vs. Estevan Payan

Can't wait. Kinda shitty the situation the fighters are in. According to Healy, White has basically said the winners are moving on to the UFC and the losers are gone.

Good card overall. Awful decision in the Couture-Noons fight. Noons definitely won that one.
I'm surprised Staring made it to the second.
Saffiedine pulled off an awesome upset in the main, taking the WW belt. Marquardt's leg looked fucking naaaasty.

I think I'm more excited for Mousasi to come over than anyone.
He and Black Fedor are the only two coming over who are really UFC-calibre that havent already fought in the UFC. I think he'll do good at LHW. I think he can give Hendo or Rashad or most of the top in the division a good fight. But I don't think he has anything for Bones.

I think Saffiedine showed potential, but I hope he doesn't get thrown to the lions in the WW division. That division is just fucking stacked right now. I don't think he can handle a Hendricks or Diaz. And god help him if they try to have a unification bout with GSP.

Hello jacare
[Image: 156z2w1.gif]
Well, he beat a UFC fighter on Saturday

So Bellator 85 is in two days. Got 2 championship bouts to launch the show on Spike.
Michael Chandler © vs. Rick Hawn
Pat Curran © vs. Patricio Freire
Seth Petruzelli vs. Jacob Noe
Emanuel Newton vs. Atanas Djambazov
Jason Lambert vs. Hector Ramirez
J.J. Ambrose vs. Brian Warren
Mike Guymon vs. Savant Young
Joe Williams vs. Jamie Yager
Cleber Luciano vs. Mario Navarro
Joe Camacho vs. Aaron Miller

I just can't get excited about this. Good to see Babalu, his fight at OneFC 4 was good last year. And Seth Petruzelli seems to have a job again. Looks like knocking out Kimbo is still working for him.

UFC on FX is coming up this weekend too. UFC on Fox 7 is shaping up awesome. Bendo vs Gilbert Melendez and Mir v Cormier have both been signed.

Came to post about fox 7 and you got it. Great stuff.
[Image: 156z2w1.gif]
FOX 6 Next Saturday is going be nice. I'll be 2nd row in the 100's.

Mighty Mouse/Dodson is getting a little overlooked. It's going to be a great fight.

Rampage/Glover - Someone is getting KO'd. More than likely 'Page.

Pettis/Cerrone could be early FOTY contender.

Talks of Mousasi/Gustaffson on FOX 7 as well.
Don't forget about Bisping/Vitor this Saturday.

I really really REALLY want to see Vitor KO Bisping but I have a feeling we're going to see another dance-a-thon from Bisping and him being made to look better than he is by beating inconsistent talent.