Official Green Bay Packers thread
Just a quick update on your defending champs.

1) Rodgers is scary good, like move over Brady good

2) We need to sign Finley and Nelson to long term deals and now!

3) Nick Collins will be missed more than anyone on this team not named Aaron Rodgers if they got hurt for the season

4) Clay might only have 1 sack this year, yes he needs to be on the stat sheet more but my god is he a beast, he's playing with a bad hammy, requires double teams all the time and still impacts the game

5) I think as long as the Pack clean up there penalty issues, we head into the bye week 7-0. Knock on wood

6) This division is going to be damn tough this year. The Vikings may be 0-3 but it's not like their the Seahawks or Cheifs, they will get it together, somewhat, Bears will be fine and Lions are for real.

Love parts of this team so far this year, offense obviously, O line has played well, D line better then expected, rush defense is fucking amazing. We need a little more pressure on the QB and we'll be fine. Still working out some kinks, when we put together a great game, my god the possibilities
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Opitiplex's post
I think they can repeat easily
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Obsidian's post
haha repeat and easily do not go together, that is a joke. If it was easy it would happen all the time.

There has been 10 different NFC Champs in the last ten years,
Im sure will thought the steelers could repeat easily after they won it too.

Will is often wrong about his homer like insights, but it doesnt mean Green Bay cant do it.
[Image: camsolo.jpg]

When the playoffs are do or die it's hard to repeat.
I think all good points were made here with the obvious oversights of
Grant - Sat the bench while the team won the Superbowl. He's got a chip on his shoulder because of it, and will have a HUGE year.
Cobb - Best rookie we have this year, and after that monster return against the saints, I expect big things from him.
Hawk - He may not be in the heart of the "Big plays" but he's been a force on our defense for years.
Woodson - No explanation needed. He's a beast.
And
KUHN - Always an asset when just a couple yards are needed. He has the power to blast through most defensive lines.

Honorable mentions - Driver, Jones and Clifton.

Big things are going on in Green Bay and I expect us to rival the Patriots success of the early 2000s.
[Image: PackersCoach_FistPump.gif]
Clifton is actually a shell of his former self. Look how many false starts and holding calls he gets while getting beat more then he should. He needs to retire after this year
(09-28-2011, 10:26 AM)BoneCrusher Wrote: Im sure will thought the steelers could repeat easily after they won it too.

Will is often wrong about his homer like insights, but it doesnt mean Green Bay cant do it.

You're wrong. Never once have I said the Steelers will repeat. Ever. Even in years when they had all of the returning starters on both sides. If you know anything about the Steelers history, any year that they have an on-top year they follow it with a down year. In both recent Super Bowl victories, they followed it with either an 8-8 or 9-7 season. They don't deal with Super Bowl hangovers well.

Also Opti: give me a break. Who in the NFC really poses that big of a threat to them?

Redskins- Wait until Rex falls back to earth mid-season
Dallas- Have won a total of 1 playoff game in the last 13 years and Romo has 0 winning intangibles
Philly- No offensive line to keep Vick healthy all year and have no LB's that anyone is intimidated by
Saints- Might be their best challenge but that defense still has issues with keeping it together. They're like the Houston Texans only with a little more talent.
Falcons- Almost as bad of an o-line as Philly's and still haven't fixed their issues on defense
Bears- Do you really wanna have that conversation?
*Insert NFC West team here*- .....................yeah..........

Maybe repeating isn't easy but if there is any team who recently stands the best chance of it this Packers team would be it. Hell, they won last year with multiple key starters on IR. They look set for another big season either way and I'd say a Super Bowl appearance isn't out of the question for them.
I agree in that they have the best chance out of any team to repeat in probably 6-7 years but till they do, I don't think it will happen. It's gonna be Saints/Packers in the NFC final I do think though
Super Cam is gonna kick it into high gear mid season and lead us into the playoffs and beat the green bay slackers.

LOL
[Image: 1610204.gif]
you guys only won by a TD, and were down 13 in the first half. The packers have flaws, and pretty soon they'll start losing a few, they'll fall back down to earth, go to the playoffs and nothing more.

Every team has flaws BC. Few have more then your team.

If you noticed during that game. The Pack could have been down 30 and won. They didn't panic in the slightest. Are we great? Not yet but were as close as it gets right now.

If you didn't notice, we lost Collins, didn't have Tramon and Clay was playing on one leg, still dominating. The plan on defense wAs to let Cam go deep all he wants, he was going to make mistakes and boy did he.

As I said, I don't think the Packers are great, we have holes but were not shit like you make it sound.

Cam is goIng to be a beast no doubt!
(09-29-2011, 06:03 PM)BoneCrusher Wrote: you guys only won by a TD, and were down 13 in the first half. The packers have flaws, and pretty soon they'll start losing a few, they'll fall back down to earth, go to the playoffs and nothing more.

They didn't look like world beaters last year and won the whole damn thing. Whose to say they can't go further than just the playoffs?
7) Morgan Burnett is the next Nick Collins. TT did it again
Can will be a beast when he gets a decent team to throw passes to. But that wont happen til Carolina has a fee more shit years. Sorry bout change.
[Image: PackersCoach_FistPump.gif]
Lafells has come out and made a few great catches when it mattered.. He has Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey in our TE set and Steve Smith, recieving isnt the problem anymore, injuries to our defense, mostly our linebackers and DTs is whats killing us, that and D.Will unable to get shit going, J Stew is getting things going though.

the QB problem was the key, and so was the offensive coordinator last year, he was here for a while and sucked shit at play calling, the new guy is actually quite good.

It doesn't help that Carolina's 2 best LB's are out for the season.

I'd say maybe with another good draft or 2 they'll be right back in the hunt as long as Cam can stay healthy and they find a #2 receiving option.
cam has 2 TEs and a new offensive coordinator who specializes in TE's, not to mention Lafell has caught all the spectacular catches made by our offense this season. but its the threat that greg olsen and jeremy shockey are bringing that have allowed smith in the first 2 games to lead the league in receiving, a #2 really isnt a big problem at the moment with olsen and shockey here, DT is where we need to focus. Thomas Davis is going to end up retiring within 3 years, I mean he has tore his ACL more times than most LBs ive heard of and just struggled to come back, he plays fast and hard and thats why he always ends up hurt.

James Anderson has no problem stepping up, Beason is a huge blow, but just because Beason is gone for the season does not mean we automatically have no shot if Cam can get back on throwing 400 yard games.

anyway, enough about the panthers, this is a packers thread.

CHEESE IT UP

im guessing tomorrow we'll have it pretty easy against the broncos, but i could be wrong. hopefully im not wrong lol
If Champ doesn't play, it's going to get ugly
Are you guys ready to get to Knowshon a little Moreno?

Troll

Why not? Everyone else does this season!

/fantasyletdown
(10-01-2011, 12:22 PM)BoneCrusher Wrote: CHEESE IT UP

[Image: 1610204.gif]
This game could be a trap game. Hopefully it's not but yeah...
This is looking like an awesome season to follow up the Superbowl win. As long as Rodgers stays healthy (they need to put a fucking cheesehead on dude if that's what it takes to prevent concussions), the D can keep it together, and penalties are avoided, I think we got another shot this year. Go pack!

EXTERMINATE
Rodgers got me 57 points in fantasy this week
Rodgers was crazy today.

Going 4-0 in my keeper league. Leading in points by about 150. My team is insane
I've scored at least 260 each week so far
who you all got plex?