Diablo 3 will require ALWAYS ON internet connection.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2011...m-microt/1

Such bullshit. I won't rant about the real life auction house or the lack of mods but why the fuck can I not play single player games, offline? I let them slide with SC2, but this is becoming to be a pain in the dick. What about when I'm in an internet outage? A game I paid for I cannot play?

Blizzard's stance? "Well, there are other games to play for times like that."

[Image: uTt1eS9.png]
What about deployed military who don't have reliable fucking internet.
[Image: Chaos.png]

I understand the need to stop piracy, I really do, but don't punish the fucking people who actually buy your shit.
Don't worry, there will be plenty of cracks to get around this. Buy it and just get a crack.
[Image: 9wpS1.jpg]
Time for you to fucking die
To get a crack you need an internet connection tho.

I was just coming here to flip my shit.

"At the same event, they revealed that Diablo 3 requires a constant internet connection to play – there’s no offline mode at all."

Wtf. So this means its not going to be anything like Diablo 2 where I played offline by myself?! Because if thats the case, motherfuckDiablo3.
[Image: 08df709e-f7f6-49dd-94b7-f06d6072c7df_zpscd06348a.jpg]
KidEx Wrote:jae with glasses is like a vagina with hair, it may not look as good but it's still pretty fantastic.

(08-01-2011, 03:56 PM)Ceallach Wrote: To get a crack you need an internet connection tho.

Just one time though.

There will be cracked offline mode. I have yet to see a game that wasn't cracked at some point that required active internet.

Game developers need to stop trying to punish legit consumers because it just pushes more of them to not buy future games from the same company.

[Image: 9wpS1.jpg]
Time for you to fucking die
Oh wait, someone explained it to me better. I can still play single player mode but only if I have internet. Thats still really really stupid.
[Image: 08df709e-f7f6-49dd-94b7-f06d6072c7df_zpscd06348a.jpg]
KidEx Wrote:jae with glasses is like a vagina with hair, it may not look as good but it's still pretty fantastic.

Yeah, single player is still possible if you have a dedicated internet connection. I have a dedicated internet connection but that isn't to say I wouldn't throw Diablo 3 on a laptop and take it somewhere that doesn't. It is a VERY stupid movie. I have a feeling this is more-so activision's doing rather than Blizzard but what do I know. The real life auction house is retarded as well, but I'm not nearly as heated about that since I don't HAVE to participate in the auction house.
I've never played any Diablo games, but the real life auction house sounds cool, but not cool at the same time. After all, you could potentially make some decent cash through it, but at the same time, what about the actual game-currency? I know there's gonna be players who choose not to use real currency or can't afford to, but seriously? In comparison, if they had the real currency AH in WoW, I'd try and take advantage of it and make some money.

Makes me think that the Gold-Currency AH will be underused.

And the always-on internet connection is fuckin retarded.
well my decision to ever play this definatly went to never
I have an Internet connection and, even though I ideologically disagree with this weird-ass measure to prevent piracy, I am going to play the shit out of this game. Eff yeah.
[Image: tumblr_lq93d57GHi1qb87bqo1_500.gif]
You guys are online most of the time though right? stop fucking crying over it. i have to be online all the time? qq qq qq
[Image: ibyJJp7TOJZTEN.gif]
Ok question.

If they make objects available via real cash only, wouldn't that constitute a monopoly? If only one company makes the game, and the same company is the only one selling it with no competition, doesn't that qualify as a monopoly and would be illegal?

I assume not, but does anyone have a good breakdown as to why it wouldn't be? I know a bunch of game companies discourage real money for virtual items and I've often wondered if maybe that had something to do with it.
I rape reddit.
(08-02-2011, 12:22 PM)chuckbull Wrote: Ok question.

If they make objects available via real cash only, wouldn't that constitute a monopoly? If only one company makes the game, and the same company is the only one selling it with no competition, doesn't that qualify as a monopoly and would be illegal?

I assume not, but does anyone have a good breakdown as to why it wouldn't be? I know a bunch of game companies discourage real money for virtual items and I've often wondered if maybe that had something to do with it.

Micro-transactions in games have been around for years. TF2 does it. A lot of the F2P MMOs do it. Hell, Blizzard even does it with the pet store for WoW.

One difference with this Auction House is that Blizzard is not putting items up themselves to sell. They are just allowing people to do it safer through them rather than use a third party website that may rip people off. But, with every auction that is sold via real world money, Blizzard will take their cut.

Also, if you're thinking about "attacking" me. Fuck you, I don't give a shit. Go to the Diablo forums and bitch there.

[Image: 9172865.jpg]

venkman
burn in
hell
[Image: giphy.gif]
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL.

[Image: title-idemandsatisfaction.gif]
I do think the real money AH should be instituted in WoW too, as should the selling of battle.net accounts or characters. They're missing the boat on money in there.

And as long as the items being sold are not actually being sold by Blizzard, but by players, then it's all good.
(08-02-2011, 10:41 AM)dunkzilla Wrote: You guys are online most of the time though right? stop fucking crying over it. i have to be online all the time? qq qq qq

Yeah but its a simple argument, single player mode is supposed to be a offline feature, sure you could be connected while playing it, but you shouldnt have to be. I remember back in the day playing the original SC and brood wars if my internet connection went out, id hop on the single player campaign and play.

But even a complaint from over 50% of the users of blizzards products couldnt get them to stop this, they are too worried about losing money to pirates.
[Image: camsolo.jpg]

I don't see a point in playing single player Diablo.

Drphil

venkman
burn in
hell
(08-02-2011, 11:25 PM)Lloyd Wrote: I don't see a point in playing single player Diablo.

Drphil

[Image: 8t1rzi1.gif]
I love me some single player games. I can't get into games like Spiral Knights or TF2 because they require interaction with Internet strangers. That bring said, who doesn't have a reliable Internet connection nowadays? Someone still using dialup? If you're on an airplane and just have to play Diablo and no other game will suffice, you should probably reevaluate your life and then kill yourself. For overseas military like Ceallach, shouldn't you be shooting brown people in real life instead of online? I'm usually with y'all on issues like this and DRM sucks a fat one, but here's a tall frosty mug of quit bitching. In Blizzard We Trust.
[Image: tumblr_lq93d57GHi1qb87bqo1_500.gif]
My wife is super excited for this game, but this did dim her excitement just a bit.
They reason why you have to have an internet connection is because the Auction House is going to be tied together withe the Single player and the multi player.

They did this so people wont be able to hack their characters on Single players items and stats then flood the auction house.

Get it?
[Image: omp5tczw98ky.gif]
I perfectly understand why they did it, it doesn't mean it doesn't suck a little bit there chief.
It won't matter anyways. Weeks after the game releases someone will have created a work around for those wanting to play singleplayer offline.

Also. If those that are worried about it care enough, go bitch to Blizzard. If enough people express a concern they'll probably re-evaluate the idea.
[Image: 8t1rzi1.gif]
[Image: b28mF.png]

venkman
burn in
hell
That's funny except for those of us that cant actual get online cos we're y'know in the fucking desert...

Whine some more. I'm sure the more tears shed, the more likely it will get changed.

venkman
burn in
hell
Everybody was in-ter-net fighting, those cats were lame as lightening.

Anyways, this is not a DRM thing, it's an end user safety thing. This new auction house they're doing for real money needs a LOT of safety. Always on means they can make sure anybody trying to cheat or hack can be caught and b&.

While I'd like an offline mode, it's not conducive to what they want to do with the game. Sorry if you don't agree with that, but adding in this auction house system for both in game currency and real currency requires something like this. If it burns your ass, don't get the game.
(02-09-2016, 08:11 PM)Reggie Wrote: I'm in love with Jodie sweetin's tits

(08-03-2011, 05:26 PM)Ceallach Wrote: That's funny except for those of us that cant actual get online cos we're y'know in the fucking desert...

You should be able to play whatever you want when you want? sucks man that's not how it works.
[Image: ibyJJp7TOJZTEN.gif]