G-1 Climax
Decided the G-1 deserves its own thread. If you ever want to get into watching NJPW, this is the time to do it. It's the perfect starting off point. Here's a really well-written guide to the whole thing.

https://hairywrestlingfan.com/2019/06/19...ment-2019/

This year's G1 looks fucking awesome. It might just make me Climax.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Rob's post
[Image: PqPaSlu.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Peezy's post
Quick and easy chart to see who's facing who and when:

[Image: 1Y70YOH.png]

[Image: HbZLOIf.png]

For anyone wanting to sign up for NJPW World, today is the best day to do it. They always bill on the first of the month, so if you sign up later in the month, you'll be paying full price to get half a month's worth. So it's always best to sign up on the 1st.

And someone on Reddit posted a great Beginner's Guide to the G1, if you're just now getting on-board.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/c...g1_climax/

Here we go boys

I have some finals this weekend so I will not be watching live unfortunately.
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
What did anyone ever accomplish by getting an education? Unless it's educated feet. #fuckschoolwatchwrestling

NJPW coming to NYC, Boston, and Philly in September.

The NYC show is at Hammerstein Ballroom and will be the retirement show for referee Tiger Hattori.

Ospreay/Archer was really good

EVIL/Fale was about what you'd expect. Skippable.

ZSJ/SANADA was tremendous.

KENTA/Ibushi starting now...

I think KENTAs injuries have taken a major tolll. He looked like he did with 205 live
[Image: Chaos.png]

Don't worry about the attendance fam, the acoustics in the building were throwing everything off. I'm sure Big Dave will paper it up some!!!
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Fro's post
Watching now. Archer just doesn’t have it. NJPW is wasting Naito. ZSJ is amazing and Sanada did a great job working with him. Such a fan match. I just wish Sanada didn’t look like Yoshihashi.

Watching Ibushi and KENTA now. Nothing special so far.
Archer is nothing special to me either, but that match was pretty great. But I think that's mostly due to how incredible Ospreay is.

SANADA is really good but he's always been missing that "it" factor I guess. Something about him just prevents me from seeing him as a top guy. NJPW Ziggler or something.

Ibushi/KENTA was good but not quite amazing. He can still be a strong worker, but I don't know that KENTA quite has it anymore like he did before WWE. Those injuries and years slumming it in NXT and 205 Live killed the poor guy.

The KENTA match was nothing special. One of the least exciting Ibushi matches I have seen.

Tanahashi and Okada was great like we expected. No complaints there. ZSJ/SANADA was still my favorite match as it was different and nonstop entertainment and managed to tell a story. Not that Okada/Tana was bad...it just wasn’t anything new.
Yeah Okada/Tanahashi was great....but it was also probably the least great of their matches I've seen. Tanahashi's pretty broken down.

This is a hilarious Twitter thread and if it doesn't convince you to watch the G1, nothing will

The line about Tanahashi's joints made me laugh for a good solid minute.

Win the Day!

[+] 1 user Likes Rob's post
Same

Review of last night's B-block show:

Juice vs. Shingo was better than I expected and got great by the end

Moxley vs. Taichi was a good ol' fashioned shit-kicking brawl. Mox still has his pet young lion Umino following him around, carrying his belt and shit. Pretty hilarious. Moxley is gonna get over huge in this tournament I suspect. Crowd was into him.

Naito vs. Yano was everything you expect from a Yano G-1 match, and Naito got a painful lesson in hubris. Hilarity all around.

Ishii vs. Cobb was match of the night. Hossest of hoss fights. Brutal. G-1 is Ishii season.

Goto vs. Jay White was great for a match in which I don't really give a shit about either guy.

Getting caught up.

Yano is putting on 5 star classic after 5 star classic. He is a world treasure and a once in a millennium talent. Might be the second coming of Jesus.

Cobb vs Ishii started out weak but developed nicely.
Cobb vs Mox wasn’t any good.
Ishii beating Switchblade was a surprise.
Tachi beating Naito was a shock. I think I feel sick.
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
I want to thumbs down your post so much.

Win the Day!

Just finished Day 5.

Ospreay vs. Ibushi is must-see. Best match of the G-1 so far and maybe my favorite match so far this year. And the scary thing is, it still feels like they're holding back.

Also, Ospreay's working with a bad neck and Kota's ankle looked like this just a few days ago:

Ishii vs. Moxley was, unsurprisingly the best match Moxley has had in years. Fucking outstanding.